Forums

Why does my computer restart when i opened chessbase reader??

Sort:
notakid1

I just downloaded Chessbase Reader12 and after i succesfully downloaded. I opened the progam and my computer restart.. Whats the reason for this and how can i fix it. Btw im using Windows XP but i think its still compatible with this OS.. Any help from those computer geniuses?

notakid1

anyone

Stormstout

Did you download it from chessbase official site? It sounds like a virus so try a virus scan or try reinstalling from official site.

baddogno

No genius here, but was this a one time event or does your computer restart every time you open Chessbase Reader?  Lots of programs need to restart your computer when they are first installed.  If it is every time, then you have something to worry about.

notakid1

its everytime i tried to open the program and to stormtout yes i downloaded it at chessbase, i really dnt understand why

DrFrank124c
notakid1 wrote:

its everytime i tried to open the program and to stormtout yes i downloaded it at chessbase, i really dnt understand why

I never use Chessbase. I don't understand why some people like it so much. I think the program itself is defective. When they wrote Chessbase, instead of using C++ they used D-. I suggest SCID vs PC, a free database program that IMHO is much better. 

diablo09
DrFrank124c wrote:
notakid1 wrote:

I never use Chessbase. I don't understand why some people like it so much. I think the program itself is defective. When they wrote Chessbase, instead of using C++ they used D-. I suggest SCID vs PC, a free database program that IMHO is much better. 

i had fritz 11 it has the old fritz gui, im just trying to chessbase reader to see if it has better gui, I also had scidvspc but iam having trouble because it cant read cbh file and in my opinion fritz gui is better than scidvspc because it has many better tools plus its easy to access millions of games in cbh files, and i also had fritz 13 opening book which is a good opening book that can be only read in fritz gui. The reasonim trying chessbase reader to see if it has the new fritz gui

AbuRohaan

hi everyone..

diablo09 I recently dnld and install CHESBASS 12 but I have a same prob that u have. My system is restarting when I open chessbass. I have rememberd that when I was installing chssbase messag appaered for virus but I ignored it...

so I uninstald it...

netzach

Your computer is attempting to stop you cheating through using progs on chess.com.

Search and deletion of 'system32' files often resolves this problem.

Spiritbro77

Is the reader 64 bit? Perhaps it doesn't play well with XP. Works fine on my comp.