Why I can't en passant ?

BronsteinPawn
Martin_Stahl escribió:

It doesn't prove anything. Millions of games are played on the site every day and the number of games that have one or more en passant postions are likely in the tens of thousands, if not more.

 

While I can't discount that you are having an issue, it isn't one that is impacting the vast majority of members or games.

null

abhinav2694

hi

little_bishop

it just happened again http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=2156746044 white can take en passant but on my device it's stuck until black's time is over and black lose.

Lagomorph
little_bishop wrote:

it just happened again http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=2156746044 white can take en passant but on my device it's stuck until black's time is over and black lose.

 

White did capture en-passant, and you ran out of time.

little_bishop

Lagomorph wrote:

little_bishop wrote:

it just happened again http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=2156746044 white can take en passant but on my device it's stuck until black's time is over and black lose.

 

White did capture en-passant, and you ran out of time.

yes, it caused of system stuck. we cannot move any pieces and my time keep running. like my explanation before, it often happen to me.

Lagomorph
little_bishop wrote:
 

yes, it caused of system stuck. we cannot move any pieces and my time keep running. like my explanation before, it often happen to me.

Probably your connection.

little_bishop

it's happen again lol http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=2160995892

rezza

It happen also to me in many of my games in chess.com.. I'm no beginner and rating around 1700-1800 in real fide tournament so i do understand what is en passant.  I also have programmer background so i recommend chess.com do real application testing to solved this bugs. I used mobile android lenovo p70.

colnlin
That is because of the poor wifi connection

It happened to me before

Just go to settings and turn off the wifi and on again
rezza

If it becaouse poor wifi connection then we cannot do any move. It is only en passant that cannot move. If i move other pieces it works

GM_DavidChessPerson

is anyone else having this problem??

 

Dark_Army
GM_DavidChessPerson wrote:

is anyone else having this problem??

 

 

I've never had this problem, but I don't play chess on my phone. Did it happen on your phone?

aaclmaresias

I do not know the link of the game, but this week I played one game that I could not did the en passant. It was a situation similar with the one that you described, at the moment I thought that I could be doing something wrong but now I see that probably is a problem with the software.

little_bishop
Dark_Army wrote:
GM_DavidChessPerson wrote:

is anyone else having this problem??

 

 

I've never had this problem, but I don't play chess on my phone. Did it happen on your phone?

 

yes it is, and I've figured it out that it's usually happened when I play 1 minute game with very fast movement. I think it's technical issues.

little_bishop
aaclmaresias wrote:

I do not know the link of the game, but this week I played one game that I could not did the en passant. It was a situation similar with the one that you described, at the moment I thought that I could be doing something wrong but now I see that probably is a problem with the software.

 

I've figured it out it's usually happened when I play 1 minute with very fast movement. And I agree with you, I think it's technical issues.

Dizeazed

I just played a game where it happened to me. It’s a pretty crucial bug to not allow strategized and calculated moves. Completely changes game outcomes. Please fix this, chess.com. 

Martin_Stahl
Dizeazed wrote:

I just played a game where it happened to me. It’s a pretty crucial bug to not allow strategized and calculated moves. Completely changes game outcomes. Please fix this, chess.com. 

 

Which game and move? I've never seen en passant fail to work when it was possible. I have seen people not understand how exactly it works though.

pomax

Happened to me several times in offline mide vs a computer. Probably a mobile application bug. I have a lg velvet. It worked on my old samsung a5.

Magnus_Chase19

do drag and drop and try

 

geordian

Can’t find examples but this happens enough to be annoying