Forums

Why is Chess.com stuck in French language in my google Chrome?

Sort:
halogenic

So I did a search and the result took me to the french language version of chess.com.  I clicked the translate button so I could read it and now every time I go to chess.com in my Google Chrome browser it's in French!  Even if I use one of my bookmarks or simply type chess.com in the address bar, it ALWAYS comes up in the French language!  HELP!

baddogno

What's the last word in that list next to the green pawn at the bottom of the page?  If it's not English, then click on it and change it.

adamplenty

A cookie's probably set to use the french version of the site. Try changing the language by using the menu at the bottom of the page.

halogenic

Hey thanks guys, I'm at work right now and this google chrome is in english.  The link at the bottom says english, so now I know what to look for when I get home tonight.  I'm sure that's what it is.  I knew it had to be something like that, but since I can't read french....

Thanks again!

DrFrank124c

Every once in a while you should delete all the cookies in your browser. CCleaner is a free program that can do that. 

halogenic

Thanks!  Will do!

extremeblueness

@drfrank CCleaner also messes with Java.

@halogenic if it ever happens again, I could always translate for you.

mcris

extremeblueness, that would be too extreme. Smile