Forums

World Chess Championship - 2016 Challenger!?

Sort:
x-5710721855

Hey All,

Who do you think will be the best candidate to challenge Carlsen for the title in 2016?

My bet is Nakamura (if he manages to qualify via the Grand Prix). My opinion is the only way to beat the mightly Carlsen is to aggressively gamble every one of the 12 games and hope to emerge victorious in a blood shed.

Positional grinding (Aronian and Caruana) is just impossible against Carlsen and Naka could just be the best bet for such an aggressive slugfest. What do you say?

airantrobo

Caruana it's the favourite, nakamura has nothing to do against carlsen

Superqueen500

World #2 doesn't always win. Aronian was 2830 and did terrible. Caruana might not even win. I think Grischuk will.

Dude Nakamura can't beat Carlsen... the score is 10-0! What are you talking about? 

Saint_Just

Hi Arun, long time no see Smile

My money is on Caruana: he's growing game after game and has a very nice lifetime score against Carlsen. I think Aronian "lost the bus" in these last years and Nakamura, well, as Superqueen500 said, 10-0 it is not a score fitting for a credible challenger.

In a more general discussion, I have to say that we must worry not about the future: Caruana, Giri, Rapport, So, Nepo....

Hope to play against you soon Wink

TitanCG

Bill Gates - Magnus Carlsen 2016

gaereagdag

Gates could only qualify with a chip in his head and that isn't allowed surely. 

gaereagdag

Judith Polgar - Magnus Carlsen 2016. 

Will it happen? No. Would it be interesting? Yes. 

sharfudeen1978

me and carlsen!   why not friends....

x-5710721855

I seriously hope Nakamura qualifies though it is quite unlikely. Despite the lop sided score in classical chess, I think Naka could give a good fight :).

youngwine

Anybody can beat anybody. The word is preparation and luck. If you really prepared that much against anyone and on those days of the championship luck is with you then you will be the winner.

TheronG12

Svidler! We all want to see Svidler win the World Championship!

Caruana would be my guess though. Perhaps Nakamura or Anand, but I can't really see anyone beating Carlsen.

dineshrpatil2013

Anybody would be challenger but i bet this candidiate tournament would be very interesting as there are all mighty candidiate under one roof. Anway my money is on Anand.