Forums

You all should get watching the Aronian/Anand match right now

Sort:
mrkint

it's amazing. Anand as black is attacking like a madman. A MAD MAN, I tell you. Currently has three pieces hung and engines are saying hanging a third will give him a decisive edge :s

Scottrf

Anand is a tactical beast, which makes it more disappointing that he has so many tame draws.

mrkint

It is fun to watch though :)

Scottrf

Where is the best coverage of this, annotated games, videos etc?

mrkint

Doubt there will be a video yet, though I think kingscrusher said he was going to do one and upload it in an hour or two. Chessbomb.com has some decent analysis of it, but apart from that idk

Quasimorphy

Two big wins in a row for Anand, but it doesn't get any easier. He's got Carlsen next round.

Scottrf

Wonder what the odds on a draw are for Anand vs Carlsen.

basilicone

Anybody watching Carlsen v. Harikrishna? Great attacking chess by Carlsen, he sacrificed 2 pawns early on, has got one back with about +0,5 at the moment. http://www.tatasteelchess.com/tournament/livegames

LoekBergman

Can somebody explain the last move of Giri vs Leko? Making a draw with 34. Ke4+? The most illegal move possible?

Scottrf

Apparently Nf4 was the last move, e5 wasn't played and they put the kings on e4 and e5 to signal a draw.

waffllemaster
Scottrf wrote:

Wonder what the odds on a draw are for Anand vs Carlsen.

Based on past performance, pretty good.  Looking at all 2011/2012 games on chessgames.com between these two it's 2 wins a piece and 8 draws.  Anand's drawn 70% of his last ~250 games and Carlsen's drawn 50% of his last ~450 games.

ictavera
Scottrf wrote:

Where is the best coverage of this, annotated games, videos etc?

At chessbomb.com they are annotating some games, this has been annotated.

Scottrf

Cheers temp.

Carlsen using his Houdini implant again today.

varelse1

you're right, he did too.

guess it only won a pawn though. but still

varelse1

I think most interesting game is Carlsen-Harikrishna. Magnus saced 2 pawns for total positional bind. He's awesome!

Vivinski
pfren wrote:

Nothing too fancy... Levon was caught in home preparation, and is losing. So far (20...Qf6) it's obviously home cooking.

so, that game was still awesome. Anand said it was preparation for Gelfan

varelse1

move 43 Houdini puts naka 1.9 ahead. I think he is losing though

varelse1

Looks like Sokolov and Yifan both just slipped up

waffllemaster

Both kings are far too open for it to be anything but a draw.  I can't believe either can win with best play.

rooperi

What if Nakamura eats all the pawns, saccing queen for d3 last. Can the queen hold 5 pawns?