Forums

Abusive Tournament Behavior

Sort:
TheBlueBishop

I am the TD in a tournament that is in the third round. One player has reported abusive behavior including aggressive vulgar language and general poor sportsmanship. (deleted). I've contacted the player, and am waiting for a response. My question is, if the behavior continues, may I remove him from the tournament? Could a site administrator either respond here or contact me privately? Thanks.

sarangola

the abusive party should be banned to drive the point that abusing an opponent during a chess gane has no place here.

MikeScott4

That did cross a line. Was the comment in a private chat? If so how can you access it so the player could be banned?

kohai
TheBlueBishop wrote:

I am the TD in a tournament that is in the third round. One player has reported abusive behavior including aggressive vulgar language and general poor sportsmanship. (deleted). I've contacted the player, and am waiting for a response. My question is, if the behavior continues, may I remove him from the tournament? Could a site administrator either respond here or contact me privately? Thanks.

I've sent you a message about this

GenghisCant

or...people could just stop being so sensitive and accept that there are idiots everywhere. Block them and move on with life. Everyone is always writing a ticket for something.

GenghisCant

On second thoughts, there are a lot of kids on this site. Reporting them is probably the best course of action.