x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

another login has been detected

  • #41

    "another login has been detected" mac os (El Capitan 10.11.6)+Safari 10.1

  • #42

    possible stale lock

    restart PC, eat something (chips), drink something (beer) and try again

  • #43

    this has happened to me on my last 6 games, no fun anymore!

  • #44
    syncker wrote:

    this has happened to me on my last 6 games, no fun anymore!

    six games in a row, so one incident or six?

  • #45

    my last 8 games this has happened, i paid for membership, i just want my money at this point and find another chess site

  • #46
    syncker wrote:

    my last 8 games this has happened, i paid for membership, i just want my money at this point and find another chess site

    Totally unacceptable performance.

  • #47

    opening an previous game while in another will trigger that message also, but here it's not a bug it's a feature, with a reason.

  • #48

    And if a secondary login MUST terminate the gameplay, don't count it as an automatic forfeit. Usually this happens early in the game anyway. It should handled the same as an Abort.

  • #49
    OriginalULTRON wrote:

    And if a secondary login MUST terminate the gameplay, don't count it as an automatic forfeit. Usually this happens early in the game anyway. It should handled the same as an Abort.

    Don't know what you are on but while playing a session is hold by chess.com, representing the game.

    In case of a tcp-reconnect, browser-restart, even pc-restart this session (or at least a specific handle able to restore the session) is important to restore the still running game.

     

    So there's a good reason to do so and this handling actually has not much todo with chess at all, just with a common pattern to design workflows in a distributed system.

     

    Changing this to aborting a game, then all red bells would ring, many lost games and way way more.

  • #50
    CookedQueen wrote:
    OriginalULTRON wrote:

    And if a secondary login MUST terminate the gameplay, don't count it as an automatic forfeit. Usually this happens early in the game anyway. It should handled the same as an Abort.

    Don't know what you are on but while playing a session is hold by chess.com, representing the game.

    In case of a tcp-reconnect, browser-restart, even pc-restart this session (or at least a specific handle able to restore the session) is important to restore the still running game.

     

    So there's a good reason to do so and this handling actually has not much todo with chess at all, just with a common pattern to design workflows in a distributed system.

     

    Changing this to aborting a game, then all red bells would ring, many lost games and way way more.

    You're actually proving my point, because the problem is that we're unable to reconnect to the session after "a second login has been detected." People are NOT able to restore their game from this error and continue play. That's my point.

  • #51
    OriginalULTRON wrote:

    You're actually proving my point, because the problem is that we're unable to reconnect to the session after "a second login has been detected." People are NOT able to restore their game from this error and continue play. That's my point.

    really? I don't know if this happens on the phone. I can only refer to the handling on a PC, where even after closing the browser re-opening the page the running game can be restored, never had a prob with it. But I guess there are some specific situations where this is not possible and without a successful session recovery the game needs to be aborted, timing out is bad for the waiting opponent. Maybe that was your point ...

  • #52

    again 2 times in row:

    another login has been detected 

  • #53

    Get this message practically in every ACTIVE game with following game abortion and loosing rating points. Please, FIX this problem, it is real

  • #54

    Me too. 

     

  • #55

    yes

  • #56

    I received this the same ("another login has been detected") problem on most of the games I play (Safari 10.1.1). This is real problem. Please fix this soon!

  • #57

    Same thing with me. I play one game at a time  and always get "Another login detected" on safari. Also pay for premium membership and can't play on my computer. A little annoying. 

  • #58

    i had the same problem, switched from safari to chrome fixed!

  • #59
    yabbadabbadoooo wrote:

    I was about to draw a GM (2650 elo) one time. I am 2390 elo, and I would have gained 50 elo points for the draw. Then, "another login detected"...

    it doesn't matter and it doesn't help anyone narrowing down the problem with your lost game or a potential gain of x. Nobody cares your pretentious words regarding a GM, if it's true at all!

Top

Online Now