Forums

Five consecutive posts

Sort:
solskytz

Is there a rule against being able to post five consecutive times on one thread, without another poster intervening?

In case there isn't, then why don't I manage to post my 4th game in my "Action chess tourney yesterday" thread?

Doggy_Style

No such rule exists.

Test 1

Doggy_Style

Test 2

Doggy_Style

Test 3

Doggy_Style

Test 4

Doggy_Style

Test 5

solskytz

Funny, Doggy :-) and thanks for clarifying

I just wonder why I don't manage to post that fourth game...

and by the way - did you like the three I did post? Any comments? Ideas? Whatever?

Doggy_Style

I did see the games and short of starting an engine (I don't currently have one on my PC), I'm not sure that there's much to add in the way of analysis. On top of that, you play different openings and have a different style but I'll take another look.

solskytz

Well yes, we can all fire engines (I did, as you see - but I try not to include TOO much of its input, as it would just be too boring and besides everybody else can do the same). I do appreciate personal analysis and positional and strategic insight - and of course, my 15 minutes of glory (having such a venerable player as yourself actually examine the games...)

Doggy_Style
solskytz wrote:

Well yes, we can all fire engines (I did, as you see - but I try not to include TOO much of its input, as it would just be too boring and besides everybody else can do the same). I do appreciate personal analysis and positional and strategic insight - and of course, my 15 minutes of glory (having such a venerable player as yourself actually examine the games...)

Aren't you a charmer!

I'll have to be honest (and flawed, probably), considering that you got murdered in a couple of those games.

solskytz

A couple? Wait until you watch the third one

Doggy_Style

Suggest a game for me to look at where you played White. It's no use me looking at those QGD positions. I'll post an analysis tomorrow (I'm a bit flakey ha ha).

omnipaul

In regards to your OP, is it possible that you took "too long" to compose that last post?  There is an issue where if you take a long time, it gets lost.  It is a good idea to compose long posts separately (and create/save a PGN file to import into the post if you're including a game), and then just copy/paste into the text box here.

solskytz

Omnipaul interesting and scary at the same time... 

I did take rather long - but it wasn't forgotten and didn't disappear... by some fortunate fluke (maybe) I managed to insert it several hours after I intended too... so at the end all is well. 

Doggy Style which game can I suggest? Probably games 2, 4 and 6. Pick the one you like best (or worst, as the case may be...)