Forums

Live Chess Problems

Sort:
zzz0zzz

I am having major problems with the new live chess update. I cannot drag any pieces to anywhere, and when I click on a piece and then on a legal square, it will not move it. Sometimes, however, the piece I click on will become my new cursor and will not go away. I also cannot challenge people who appear on the grid to the left of the borad.

I use Chrome with the latest Java, but it also does not work when I try on Explorer.

kohai

On Chrome do you use browser addons?

Live chess hasn't been updated in a while and the redesign didn't affect live chess. Which 'new live chess update' are you referring too?

zzz0zzz

I just got adblocker, but it did not work before that either. 

I am refering to when they redid the site some time back. I played a lot last summer, but school stopped my free time. Ever since they redid everything, I have not been able to move properly. 

zzz0zzz

Im not quite sure what constitutes an addon though.

LongBoardBob

I'm having the same problem as Z. Exactly how he has described it. I used to be a premium member but I cancelled my renewal because I can't play live chess. I can't find a solution. I update java but I don't know what lplatform live chess uses... it's frustrating.

kohai
LongBoardBob wrote:

I'm having the same problem as Z. Exactly how he has described it. I used to be a premium member but I cancelled my renewal because I can't play live chess. I can't find a solution. I update java but I don't know what lplatform live chess uses... it's frustrating.

Live chess doesn't use Java though.

can you go onto this page and paste the details it gives back to me please

http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.aspx?bhcp=1

giorgyboy31

hello , my account is restricted and i didn t do anything to be punished. When i start a challenge, very often my opponents or server aborts the game... can you explain this ? i always play in a good behaviour and never been disturbing in anyway my opponents since hundreds of games on your excellent website. PLEASE HELP ME thanks a lot

Anthracyte

Just played a game, and got disconnnected, but no it was not my internet. I browsed to a bit 5 or 6 different sites, all the while trying to log back onto live.chess.com and got a simple 'no server response'. Obviously I went on to lose the game on time.

Thanks for that. Frown