Forums

Tiny board

Sort:
sisterjim

I cannot adjust the board size. This was never a problem before. Is it because I am not a paying member? JIM

kco

No, I don't think it has anything to with the members level. Go to your "Home" drop down "Account"- "Online Chess Setting" and see if you could make the changed. 

stephen_33
sisterjim wrote:

I cannot adjust the board size. This was never a problem before. Is it because I am not a paying member? JIM

kco is quite right & this is what you should see when you get to your Online chess settings page ....

I think you need to set that back to Default from the drop-down menu options, then you should be o/k.

kco

and don't forget to "Save Setting" when you finish with it.

alfam

I seem to be having the same problem. I can't get the board size any bigger than 'small'. Tried 'default' too, with same result. Any ideas out there?Frown 

stephen_33

Probably best to report it to H&S directly..

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

Attox

Hey, just wanted to report the same problem. My Online Chess board is microscopically small. I tried to adjust  the size via my account settings as suggested above but it didn't solve the problem.

tfulk

I'm having the same problem. I've noticed that the ad on the left of the screen seems to be big, and is likely the problem. Paying members won't know what we're talking about, as they don't have ads.

AlCzervik
[COMMENT DELETED]
Kansha

Hi tfulk,

We are aware of this. Unfortunately it seems that the new ad setup influences the board size :(

One thing you can do to make the board bigger for the time being is not use the "algebraic coordinates outside of board" option.

The team is currently discussing this issue.

alien_bishop

I'm also seeing this problem with online chess with both the game board, and the analysis board that opens in a new window.

alien_bishop

Bump. Any ideas when this might be addressed? It's quite annoying to play online chess games with such a tiny board!