Forums

Sick of Live Chess Bugs?

Sort:
Dragonbice

Kohai,

I don't want you to attend to mine, or any one persons specific issues. What is needed of you, is for you to bring the very existence of all these issues with Live Chess to the attention of those, who has got the authority to make profound changes. Even if the reason for one players troubles is found and corrected, there are still tens of thousands of players with their own problems that can't all be fixed individually.

Here's what I want you to do:

Contact the management; whoever has the authority to do whatever they see fit about Live Chess. Tell them that alot of people are having troubles with Live Chess and there is no way for you and your colleagues to attend to them all individually and that players leave the site because of their problems. One arguement that probably interests them more than the players' troubles, is that whatever platform is used for Live Chess (apparently, it's not Java, as you pointed out), chess.com payed good money to use it and whoever they paid most likely promised it would work on any normal PC system.

This means that chess.com is not getting their money's worth.

If they still don't want to do anything about it, fine. You've tried and then I'll thank you. But please do try. When I write proper supports, all I get is: "What browser are you using?" and this problem isn't just about me.

Best Regards,

Dragonbice

kohai

I need to know what the specific issues are though so I can try and replicate then get it fixed.

I ask which browser for two reasons..

1. some do still use really outdated browsers which doesn't help

2. Some issues are browser specific, so can sometimes just show IE alone for example. The issue may not show to me if i tested an IE only bug on chrome.

If it does turn out to be browser specific then it saves me a lot of bug testing time knowing which it happens on.

Dragonbice
kohai wrote:

I need to know what the specific issues are though so I can try and replicate then get it fixed.

I ask which browser for two reasons..

1. some do still use really outdated browsers which doesn't help

2. Some issues are browser specific, so can sometimes just show IE alone for example. The issue may not show to me if i tested an IE only bug on chrome.

If it does turn out to be browser specific then it saves me a lot of bug testing time knowing which it happens on.

I understand that, I really do.

Now:

1: Will you do what I asked of you?

2: I gave you the information you asked of me, regarding browser, version etc. Since then, I haven't heard anything about it. Did you try to help me individually? If you did, what did you find out? Did you come to the conclusion that you didn't know what to do about the problem? If so, did you check with any of your co-workers for assistance? If you still didn't know what to do about it: please talk to the management.

I'm sorry, but it's been a while now, since my first post and all that's happened is that you know what browser I'm using.

kohai

Can you post a list of the addons you have on Firefox please?

Dragonbice

Sure. My only addons are "Adblock Plus 2.2.1" and "Dummy Lipsum 3.0.0".

Both of them were added after the troubles with Live Chess started (which was practicly the date I joined chess.com).

piotr

Dragonbice: email me directly with every issue you experience, include screenshots. Thanks! piotr at chess com.

piotr

Also, you can try disabling Adblock and enabling premium membership trial (at least) to see how it goes. Cheers!