stuck between 1000-1100

freesoul_lass
Hi, I'm stuck between 1000-1100 from long time, any suggestions or players willing to play with me and help with it?
VishyNotAnand

I like playing 30 mins Rapids, want to play? Am rated around 1150 in Rapid, me too stuck there for long

kingofjive5
I'm stuck at around 1150 just can't stay across the 1200 mark (blitz) Would be happy to play
kingofjive5

Nah not forever, before i lost my password to my old account i was stuck getting past 800. I think 1400-1500 within 5 years is possible for me

kingofjive5

Why not? Ive beaten players who's ratings have been that high at one stage or another.. only time will tell

kingofjive5
IAMBBW wrote:
kingofjive5 wrote:

Nah not forever, before i lost my password to my old account i was stuck getting past 800. I think 1400-1500 within 5 years is possible for me

I don't think so

I worked how to quote on my phone only though so you can see im a quick learner happy.png,i appreciate your pessimism.. 

kingofjive5

But ive been practasing the bird 

Hermione2008

I have been stuck there for a LONG time, but now I'm 1280! You just have to play a lot of games to practice. Usually tournaments help. 

kingofjive5
IAMBBW wrote:
kingofjive5 wrote:
IAMBBW wrote:
kingofjive5 wrote:

I don't think so

I worked how to quote on my phone only though so you can see im a quick learner ,i appreciate your pessimism.. 

I appreciate what you're doing , I really do but believe me you will not succeed

kingofjive5

Sorry mistake there but its like water of a d@@ks back right?

solflores

I disagree with you, @IAMBBW, I easily got from 1200 to 1450ish in a few months

Ashvapathi

Following should get you to 1200:

e4-e5. 

develop your minor pieces.

castle. (don't push your kingside pawns early) 

& board vision

Ashvapathi

& simplification (endgames) when you have decisive material advantage.

Tactic-Guy

Nope, my peak rapid rating is 1400.

Bunny_Slippers_

At your level, you need to work on your tactical vision: if we don't see the opportunity, we won't take advantage of it.

Get the Lazlo Polgar book 'Chess'; it is a big book with 5000 chess puzzles. Do a page or 2 before going to sleep each night; some puzzles you will solve quickly, others you will not get them at all, well, maybe the 3rd time through the book. Your rating will increase by 200 points fairly quickly. It will take you about a year to get through the whole book. Just do it!

Also, learn the 15 most common checkmate patterns; same thing: if know the pattern, when the opportunity rises, you will see it and grab it, otherwise it will just fade away...!