Forums

Chess tactic #1 VII+/VIII

Sort:
Rotonblau

Tactic from my recent Online game. How would You grade it's difficulty from 1-10?

Please, if You feel moves are not correct, give me a feedback: I haven't checked it with a computer yet.

MSC157

I would rate it with 8 (10 is the hardest puzzle I ever solved - just to know). Not so impossible as it looks at the beginning, but miles away from obvious. I checked it with the computer & it seems 2 or 3 other solutions are possible, but it's hard to say that in the endgame, becasue almost every sequence leads to mate in ... Laughing

royalbishop

7.5 for me.

nextkasparov345

It was a 10 for me but you'll figure out why when you look at my rating

Ardweaden

7.5 for me too.

MSC157

I played 3.Bxd8, so that's why I rate it with 8. That would be my style of the play.

Rotonblau

I marked it with 7+/8. I will try to submit the toughest for Tactics trainer, whether is possible. 3. Bxb8 also wins?

MSC157
Rotonblau wrote:

I marked it with 7+/8. I will try to submit the toughest for Tactics trainer, whether is possible. 3. Bxb8 also wins?

You mean Bxd8? Yes, with the similar evaluation. The difference between 1st and 2nd move must be at least 2,5, if I'm not wrong.

Omid

only 2

all moves were clearly simple

simple tactic => treating to take pieces and at the same time the checkmate treat

it is so easy for one to find them

blueemu

Do you accept submissions?

From my recent rated tournament game. White to play wins a Pawn: