Forums

Mate in 2

Sort:
Tactic2Win

This mate wont really work on more experienced chess players in two moves but it worked for me. The two free bishops can be tempting.

chessbeginner77

Easy. What if the king moves to kh1 instead?

Tactic2Win

It would take a couple more moves to checkmate, thats why i said it won't work on more expreinced people.

Tactic2Win
Hopefully this helps? You were absoulutely right yeres30. Not exactly couple of moves though; correct me if i made a mistake somewhere. :O
daxelson
martyr786 wrote:
Hopefully this helps? You were absoulutely right yeres30. Not exactly couple of moves though; correct me if i made a mistake somewhere. :O

M786, there are a few problems with your analysis. On the main line you show, there's no need to bring the Knight into play; you have a mate Qxp#(g2) on black's move 41. Plus, the bishop check on one of your other lines would be met by 41. QxB.

Still not a bad puzzle - the Bf1 bishop move is not obvious, and does put some pressure on the white king.

daxelson

And I think there's a forced mate in four. 38. . .Bf2+ 39. Kh1 Qc1+ 40. Kh2 Qg1+ 41. Kh3 Qh1#

Whoops, 39. Kh2 stops that . . .

random-d

What's stopping white from playing Qh3 or Qf3 at anytime during that sequence?

Tactic2Win

@ randon-d and daxelson:

My mistake, nothing wrong with qh3, and thats why you need to bring in the knight to checkmate.

Tactic2Win

Oh nice one, didn't exactly see that.

v4v4s

whites response to bf1 is kh2. it delays the inevitable due to blacks preponderance in material.