Forums

When I am hungry

Sort:
Sherlock__Holmes

Yes , Aqwajet17 , and we are moving from the end to the beginning of the line,looking for the better moves.

I had to edit this post ,I apologize  :

White to play and win ->>edit >> sorry , this is draw:

Let us go to white's 3-th move: here white can play better and win playing 3.g5:
Sherlock__Holmes

1...b2 is not the best move for black.

Caiello
Sherlock__Holmes

This endgame is from a David Bronstein's game .Bronstein, as black, managed to do a draw,playing 1...Rh8 :

Some times after that Mark Dvoretsky, analyzing the position, found a way for white to win after 1...Rh8 ...
Sherlock__Holmes

White to play and win

Caiello

(by the way, what is the answer to the rook/pawn ending puzzle? i couldn't get anywhere.)

Sherlock__Holmes

about  #151- white can play :

and about #153 - yes, but black can play 3...Qe1...

Caiello

ShadowIKnight

and Caello is not rated 5200? xD

MatthiasVanCampen

And from now till eternity, I shall be updated with posts!!!

thx for the huge puzzles sherlock! thx for the great solutions caiello! No pc involved? or those can't handle +20 moves puzzles right?

einstein_69101

@Caiello - In your diagram from post #155, I wonder if 7...Qa2 is an improvement for black.  That will pin white's bishop.

einstein_69101

Sherlock does post some excellent puzzles here.  I'll try to do them when I can.  :)

ShadowIKnight

einsteeeeeeein longtime no see :)

einstein_69101
ShadowIKnight wrote:

einsteeeeeeein longtime no see :)

Hi!  Good to see you.  :)

bluejay2000

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherlock__Holmes

Hi, it is nice to be again in Chess.com !

Thanks to all guys ,who entered this post !

I will offer you a puzzle from H.Rinck :

White to play and win

ShadowIKnight

cobra thinks your a filthy thief Sherlock. What do you have to say about that? *news reporter microphone is all yours*

Sherlock__Holmes

I had to go to dictionary for word filthy . Does he says why ?

Aquajet17

Qb1 and it seems black has to give away his queen to avoid mate in 2. I might be missing something though...

Sherlock__Holmes

Yes, Qb1 is the first move.Here is the solution :