Forums

Facebook Chess - what an improvement!

Sort:
Pistoleer

Just wanted to say... ive just reactivated my ol facebook account and chess.com app was first installed :P  and... boy is it a big improvement! Top job on revampin it guys!

Its very fast and functional and fingers crossed i can play it behind the firewall at work! ;P

While it would be amazin if games here carried over to there and vica versa, (i know ye said its virtually impossible so ye save yer miracle fer something else ;) its still great thank you! :)

The only thing i noticed, if i can feedback, is that the profile box no longer lets ye know if ye have a move to make..  so ye have to either leave the chess app open or keep going into it to look. Would be really handy if the profile box on ones main facebook profile page, indicated when we had moves to make (like im 99% sure it did before?)

If yer on facebook, ye can install it here

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2427617054&b=&ref=pd

If ye know me from this site and want to send a friend request on FB, feel free to do so, link is in my profile here.

Cheers and maybe catch some o ye there :)

Pistoleer

Ahhh lol.. i started a couple of games on facebook chess but there is no warning message for when its your move..or when ye are about to loose on time heh. I just realised i have lost both games on time. No big shakes, but some kind of notification would be handy or i forsee many timeouts :P

Cheers

Pistoleer
i just read some of the facebook postings discussion board...  omfg i will try and not ask anything much again! Some people are such ignorant rude gits.. in fact i really want to smack about half dozen of them.. i dont know how ye put up with it staffers ;) Cheers and ill hush now :P
erik
i'll be honest - the rudeness in those forums ruined my week.
Erasmus_J_Homeowner

if it wasn't for the facebook chess app, i would never have found this site. After a couple of games, i saw the powered by chess.com link and thought "I wondered what that place is like"

440 games later.....

As for rudeness on t'internet, it no wonder some people call it "The dictatorship of idiots"

oldTehTooya

I definitely think everything for this site is better than facebooks version... but I am in the same boat as Erasmus, had it not been for Facebook I never would have found this site or gained as sudden an interest in Chess had I gained... :)

erik

TehTooya wrote:

I definitely think everything for this site is better than facebooks version... but I am in the same boat as Erasmus, had it not been for Facebook I never would have found this site or gained as sudden an interest in Chess had I gained... :)

which means our diabolical plans are working! muahahahahha!!!

oldTehTooya

I have to give it to you, you did a good job promoting this site through facebook.  A very good job in fact, props :)

menofsticks

I'll add my two cents while we're at it.  I gained an interest in chess because a couple friends on Facebook got me started.  Eventually, I wound up on chess.com hoping to find some "serious" players.  Now I'm a paying member on chess.com, so I guess the Facebook promo plan worked, at least in my case.

And now that I'm a paying member, I'm going to start bitching about the audio notifications just like I was doing on Facebook :P

yarrichar

FYI facebook was also how I found this site

SonofPearl

It worked the other way for me.  I just joined Facebook to try out the Chess.com application.   When Chess.com is bigger than Facebook, maybe we should consider supporting them!  Laughing