Forums

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Sort:
Scottrf

Anna has an easy endgame to become Women's World Champion.

Quasimorphy

And Ushenina does win. New Women's World Champion Anna Ushenina. Not a bad result for the #30 seed.

Doggy_Style
Quasimorphy wrote:

And Ushenina does win. New Women's World Champion Anna Ushenina. Not a bad result for the #30 seed.

Damn it! that means the pretty one lost, yeah?

Scottrf

Yeah.

Anna still wearing the same red jumper. I wonder if it ever gets washed.

Doggy_Style
Scottrf wrote:

Yeah.

I'm betting that it gets washed every night, in the sink with a handful of Persil. Nothing's too good for these leviathans of chess.

Stevie65

Thats how i get washed

Quasimorphy

She wore something else for yesterday's game. There was some study done that showed that wearing red actually gives a person an edge in sports. Don't know if that holds for chess though.

Stevie65

With a rheindeer on the front..

pdela

very good trysts is not here to tell us who the champion is

Scottrf

I don't wanna be too harsh on her because she seems nice, but frankly she is useless.

pdela
Doggy_Style escribió:
Scottrf wrote:

Yeah.

I'm betting that it gets washed every night, in the sink with a handful of Persil. Nothing's too good for these leviathans of chess.

not, imagine you wash and you start to lose, are you mad or what happens?

pdela
Scottrf escribió:

I don't wanna be too harsh on her because she seems nice, but frankly she is useless.

funny thing is that he hadn't slept some nights to watch the matchs and the day of the resolution it seems she is sleeping it off

Doggy_Style

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her.

The requirements for becoming a Grandmaster are somewhat complex. A player must have attained an Elo rating of at least 2500 (although they need not maintain this level to obtain or keep the title). In addition, at least two favorable results (called norms) from a total of at least 27 games in tournaments involving other Grandmasters, including some from countries other than the applicant's, are usually required before FIDE will confer the title on a player. There are other milestones a player can achieve to get the title, such as winning the Women's World Championship, the World Junior Championship, or the World Senior Championship. Current regulations can be found in the FIDE Handbook.

(Wikipedia)

trysts

I'm watching the rebroadcast. Thanks to everyone's contributions in this thread! Below is the rapid game which Anna Ushenina used to win the Women's World Chess Championship:

pdela
Doggy_Style escribió:

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her.

The requirements for becoming a Grandmaster are somewhat complex. A player must have attained an Elo rating of at least 2500 (although they need not maintain this level to obtain or keep the title). In addition, at least two favorable results (called norms) from a total of at least 27 games in tournaments involving other Grandmasters, including some from countries other than the applicant's, are usually required before FIDE will confer the title on a player. There are other milestones a player can achieve to get the title, such as winning the Women's World Championship, the World Junior Championship, or the World Senior Championship. Current regulations can be found in the FIDE Handbook.

(Wikipedia)

Nice, I wanted to ask for that point

rooperi
Doggy_Style wrote:

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her......

That's GM, not WGM, right?

pdela
rooperi escribió:
Doggy_Style wrote:

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her......

That's GM, not WGM, right?

yes, she was already IM which needs more or less same requirements than WGM

trysts

That was really interesting! It's a shame one had to lose as they were both so impressive throughout the tournament. I think Yifan Hou is going to have a difficult match with Anna Ushenina.Smile

trysts

For those interested, the London Chess Classic has started about a half-hour ago. I'm at the site with live commentary, but all they're doing is playing music so the commentary hasn't started yet, or they are on a break?

http://www.livestream.com/LondonChessClassic

Benkobaby

The commentary is up and running - thanks for the link Cool