My name is Eric Rosen and I am an International Master residing in St. Louis, MO. I attend Webster University and compete for the Webster University Chess Team. As a member of the team, I am coached by former Women's World Champion, Susan Polgar, and train with many world-class grandmasters.
I am also an active chess coach for players of all ages and levels. I offer in-person lessons in St. Louis, and online lessons via chess.com.
For the past 6 years, I have worked with countless students from across the country and helped them develop a deeper understanding of the game. I make sure that each lesson is personalized to fit the needs of the student. I actively seek out the strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies of students, and give them relevant material to improve on specific areas of their play. Lessons include a wide range of topics:
- Game analysis (will send student annotated PGN of games after lesson)
- Developing an opening repertoire that fits the student's style of play
- Typical middle game ideas and structures
- Specific opening preparation for an opponent
- Thought process; Calculation; Visualization
- Tournament advice and preparation
- Endgame theory/strategy
- Self-study methods
- Anything else the student would like to cover
If you are interested in setting up lessons or have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com