Viktoria NiNew York, United States
Viktorija Ni played in her first World Youth Championship at the age of nine. In total, she has played competitively and studied chess for the last 18 years. She took first place in European Rapid Youth Championship for Girls Under 18, and twice finished fourth in the U.S. Women's Championships in 2012 and 2015. Viktorija has also played in two Chess Olympiads and two Women's World Team Championships. She's taught kids since 2010 in public schools as well as individual and group lessons and summer camps all over the U.S. She thinks playing chess gave her lots of benefits, such as traveling around the globe, making friends, focusing on important things and build confidence!
You can learn even more about Viktorija and see her best games at viktorijani.com.
- Teaching in private schools on elementary and middle school level 2010 - present time
- Educating students through private and semi-private lessons online and live 2009 - present time
- Teaching intensive courses in chess camps for all levels and age groups 2010 - present time
- Lead teacher in Chicago 2010 - 2016
- Lead Pudong brunch instructor in Shanghai 2016 - 2017
- Lead Instructor in New York City 2017 - present time
- #1 US Top Girls Under 21 from January 2012-December 2012
- Part of the U.S. National Team at Women's World Team Championship 2013, 2015
- Represented the U.S. team at the match USA against China 2013
- Life Master since 2012; Original Life Master since 2017