Now Easier Than Ever to Beta Test the App!
- 1,321 Reads
- 6 Comments
Just a quick bit of news to let you know that we've moved to the TestFlight system for beta testing our app!... What's that mean?
It basically means that, whereas previously beta testers had to manually figure out their device IDs, send them to us, then download new versions from a link and manually install them via iTunes... (whew!)... NOW testers just need to message me with a preferred email address.
I'll send you an invitation to our TestFlight profile, which you install on your device right from the invite. Then whenever there's a new version to try, we'll send you another email and you can install the new Chess.com app (wirelessly!!) right from there!
And if THAT's not enough whet your appetite, check out some of the stuff you'd be testing for our next release...
- Notification Center! (Check out our new custom Alert sound!)
- Learning Positions! Use the Computer for drills on important themes!
- Online game boards update immediately if your opponent moves
- Greatly improved "New Game" flow for online games: Challenge your Chess.com friends, look up an opponent by username, or challenge someone in your Contacts!
- Search our Video library by keyword or phrase!!
- New messages pop up in your Online Games (optional)!
- Send friend requests to your opponents, and accept or decline incoming requests!
- Mini-boards provide a detail view of the last move played, right in your Online game list! (Turn them on in Settings.)
- Online indicators in the game list allow you to see if your opponent is online
- Live Chess: New Setting allows you to "Auto-Queen" on pawn-promotion
- A new badge on the tab bar always shows you the number of games where it's your move!
- Improved/updated Facebook sign-in
- Many bug-fixes and interface improvements!
Loving it? Send me your preferred email in a message! We want people with iPhones & iPads of all generations, and from all over the world! We need your help!