Forums

The art of the Middle-Game

Sort:
Blind_Demon

The Art of the Middle Game -- written by Paul Keres

I'm about 1310 - 1350 blitz 1400 - Long

1700 Correspondance,

I'm looking for a book that will help me be able to acess positions better, come up with a solid plan and folllow through

The above book I mentioned, IM Silman  recommends ... I was wondering if you guys could give me reviews on this book and if you think it would help me?, thank you any help is appreciated,

Eric

Blind_Demon

thank you for your input, with the information you have above of the kind of book i'm looking for, what books would you recommend besids "The Art of the Middle Game" tony?

musicalhair

about 20 years ago I read Znosko-Borovsky's middle game book and loved it.  It made a huge improvment in my playing at the time.  I also liked How Not to Play Chess by him, but have read that second, I feel like that one (How Not ...) should be first if one were to read the 2. 

I need to go back and re-read them, but I'm working through his combinations book now.

JG27Pyth
tonydal wrote:

My two favorites have long been:

Pawn Structure Chess--Andrew Soltis

Modern Chess Strategy--Ludek Pachman

Recently got the Pachman book... I love it so much I can put up with the descriptive notation.

chess_pagol

Hi i have this book of keres but not getting move notation like K4 Q3 throughout the book . Please help

IpswichMatt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descriptive_notation

aditya_shri

Art of middle game is a good book. It gives you in-depth of analysis of selected games. It will help you improve your middle game. I also read this book. It helps me apply those concepts in real games. For getting tactically better in attacking chess, use Master of attack-Alexander Alekhine along with art of middle game if you want to think like Alekhine. 

kindaspongey

Has Blind-Demon been here since 2009?