Forums

USCF and House of Staunton?

Sort:
Czechman

Does anyone know what the relationship is between USCF and HoS? 

mateologist

I really don't know but you can get some great deals on HoS chessplaying equipment, i purchased the tournament set ( Deluxe 2) from the hos which includes the digital clock and USCF carrying case for less than 60 bucks. This is  real top quality stuff !  Cool

Bronco

I talked with one of the HOS online helper and I asked the same question. They said that they share the same wharehouse / supply. Check both sites for pricing though because you'll find price differences and they both have monthly deals but they won't be the same. Example : USCF might have 10% while at the same time HOS will have 15% off. Sign up for both email lists and you'll get a monthly email on their sales.

Czechman

Thanks. The reason I asked is because I ordered a 50% off HoS chess pieces from USCF and they told me it was the last one they had but couldn't ship it because it had defective pieces that they had no replacements for but then later told me that they found another set that they were inspecting. Then I found they both have same address. For some reason I thought HoS was located in England.

Anyway, if you buy something from USCF they routinely send you discount codes that you can even use on discounted items, including HoS items. So, on top of the 50% discount I got an additional 15% off with a discount code.

Thanks again!

mateologist
czechman01 wrote:

Thanks. The reason I asked is because I ordered a 50% off HoS chess pieces from USCF and they told me it was the last one they had but couldn't ship it because it had defective pieces that they had no replacements for but then later told me that they found another set that they were inspecting. Then I found they both have same address. For some reason I thought HoS was located in England.

Anyway, if you buy something from USCF they routinely send you discount codes that you can even use on discounted items, including HoS items. So, on top of the 50% discount I got an additional 15% off with a discount code.

Thanks again!

Great you got me beat !! They do a good job with follow up on all the equipment they sell any defective pieces (rare) are generally replaced at no extra charge. 

Bronco

They both will offer you a discount if you really want something that has been out of stock for awhile towards something different. If you ask them in the online chat help window

EscherehcsE

Long ago, the USCF got out of the direct selling of books and equipment. They currently contract out the USCF B&E sales.

HOS is located in northern Alabama and currently has the B&E contract with the USCF. HOS continues to sell under its own name. Also, if you order something from the USCF web site, HOS fills the USCF order.

dewriat

Just a side note, and I don't know if this is still true:

I was able to enter a USCF coupon code (15% off) on the HOS page and it worked (and vice versa).  It might be something to look into.

Bronco

^ great idea. Thanks!

Czechman

If you save the search "House of Staunton" in your Ebay searches and request a daily notification HoS has special sets that are only offered on Ebay. As of today they have two exclusives listed.