Forums

1. e4 vs 1. d4

Sort:
nameno1had

The moves Tal played lead to a loss or a draw against a computer's choice of moves.That means nothing...

If you look at the key data that gives our concept merit is simple. The wins/loses/draws from Tal's games against the best GM's of his day including Petrosian, Karpov, Fischer and Kasparov. Those are recognized by many as the best to ever play this game. Tal made some of them look absolutely silly and helpless at times. What was always outweighs what could have been, or "might be" today.

No one says, awww...Tal's records for consecutive victories shouldn't be counted because, in actuality, his move choices lose to a computer...

Please, spare us anymore feeble attempts to argue.

Yereslov

Scottrf, I would wipe the floor with you in about twenty moves easy.

Patzers should stay quiet when around their superiors.

Thank you.

Scottrf

At the of the day Yereslov is just one of these people who watches Carlsen play with Houdini analysis and calls him an idiot for throwing away a 0.2 advantage. Not worth listening to.

Scottrf

Yeah, you wouldn't.

nameno1had

Maybe if you use Houdini....otherwise my money is on Scott....

is this the only way you can get a game against a quality opponent Yereslov...?

You'll find you attract busy bees with something savory, not something that only qualifies as poo doo...

Yereslov
Scottrf wrote:

Yeah, you wouldn't.

Yes, I would. Your play is average at best.

Scottrf

Worse than average. But yours is too, as highly as you think of yourself.

nameno1had

Technically, Scott's play is considered above average, while Yereslov's is considered about average according to Chess.com's statistics.

Torogoz7

1.d4 is better!!!

Yereslov

Both of you don't stand a chance against me today. This is one of my "good" days where I play at the level of an IM.

Scottrf

OK dude, have fun with that.

Yereslov
Scottrf wrote:

OK dude, have fun with that.

I am. How about a game?

Scottrf

Sure, send me an online game.

Actually just seen your rating, bit of a waste of my time.

nameno1had

Seriously, if you are considering a career in comedy, or think using subtle cheating tactics will work for you, I understand, but you aren't going to sucker me with that...

Yereslov

If I used engines, I would have never lost to Conquistador. 

nameno1had

Just because you haven't in the past doesn't prevent you from doing so to someone...

Yereslov

And just because you haven't murdered anyone today doesn't mean that you won't murder someone tommorow.

nameno1had
Yereslov wrote:

And just because you haven't murdered anyone today doesn't mean that you won't murder someone tommorow.

How does that tie in with our original topic ?

TasmanianTiger

c4

Yereslov
nameno1had wrote:
Yereslov wrote:

How does that tie in with our original topic ?

It's sarcasm. The whole argument about what can and what can't happen is absurd.