Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

• 23 months ago · #241

The_Gavinator

I do not, I said that I don't have an alibi

• 23 months ago · #242

Helzeth

It sounds to me that you're questioning my russian advice.
    Discard your alibi

• 23 months ago · #243

jetfighter13

Damn Soviets,

thats why you lost to ROCKY, and why you lost the COLD WAR, and why we beat you at Hocky and why Fischer beat you at chess. I'd Rather be an American any day of the week. You Soviets in your. F-in Gulags sipin' Vodka, and watching people freeze while listening to thier confiscated radios, won't even tell them why they are there, and what they did wrong, and what to do about it, and what they need to discard before you release them back into society.

Damn Soviets. Damn Communist Bastards.

• 23 months ago · #244

The_Gavinator

Soviets are FTW, they were killing America in the cold war, America got lucky as hell, they won in the space race, they dominated ches, they got vodka. Rocky was an American propoganda movie, that's hardly a valid arguement.

• 23 months ago · #245

ghandisepiphany

Gavinator -civil war?

This entire argument is stupid. the only reason the cold war happened was because of ignorance and fear, on both sides. Obviously, Russians are better at chess than Americans, speaking in general terms. Jetfighter, you make Americans look cocky and ignorant. 

• 23 months ago · #246

The_Gavinator

That's because Americans are

• 23 months ago · #247

ghandisepiphany

Americans can be just like Russians can be. 

If I remember correctly, you are the one who requested advice on openings then argue withe players who are substantially stronger than you trying to help. 

I think that is a fine example of how Americans can be cocky and ignorant.

• 23 months ago · #248

The_Gavinator

No I asked what would be an opening better than the Parham, and I got 40 pages of "LOL Parham suxxxxxxx"

• 23 months ago · #249

The_Gavinator

That's not the point lol...

• 23 months ago · #250

finalunpurez

What happened to the scotch?? All i see is pages and pages of parham and KG

• 23 months ago · #251

The_Gavinator

See Alexlaw, I asked for an opening better than the Parham, all I get is crap like that. And the sctoch loses a pawn on the 4th move, not very good imo...

• 23 months ago · #252

The_Gavinator

? What are you even talking about?

• 23 months ago · #253

shepi13

• 23 months ago · #254

NachtWulf

I went through 15 pages of this mostly-crap thread, in hopes of learning a little bit about the scotch. Instead, I was disappointed by piles upon piles of Parham crap, and opening "refutations" for some game that bears a remote similarity to chess.

Can we PLEASE move the discussion back to the Scotch, such as some exciting, yet relative-low-theory Scotch lines? I, myself, am still experimenting with my 1. e4 e5 responses as white, and am in the midst of exploring the alternatives. Scotch is one of the options being considered (among the main line Italian, as well as the c3-d3 italian that would allow me to positionally destroy those who believe openings should end in mate Wink).

• 23 months ago · #255

finalunpurez

alexlaw wrote:

how does scotch lose a pawn on move 4

The_Gavinator is talking about this line. steinitz variation if im not wrong.

• 23 months ago · #256

NachtWulf

In that line, will white try to prepare Nf5 to further centralize the knight, with tempo?

• 23 months ago · #257

finalunpurez

I play the scotch but i have never faced Qh4 OTB or online.

• 23 months ago · #258

Helzeth

Well, if people want to start talking about the scotch again allow me to present the russian way of dealing with it.

• 23 months ago · #259

finalunpurez

Seen this game a few times. awesome game!

• 23 months ago · #260

jetfighter13

America won the Space race, Gavinator

This forum topic has been locked.