Forums

has anyone ever

Sort:
Fear_ItseIf

had an opening they really like, but suck at?
no matter how hard you try to adapt to it you just fail?

BloodyJack

For a long time the English and Sicilian, now they are 2/4 of my main repertoire. I just took a long break from playing either of them, and then came back later trying new lines.

Also I"m assuming you have an opening that spurred you to ask this question, so what is it? Tongue Out

jason17

I wanted to play the king's gambit, but never felt very comfortable with it. It's probably because I'm not very good at tactics that it doesn't work out very well.

Fear_ItseIf
BloodyJack wrote:

For a long time the English and Sicilian, now they are 2/4 of my main repertoire. I just took a long break from playing either of them, and then came back later trying new lines.

Also I"m assuming you have an opening that spurred you to ask this question, so what is it?

the noteboom/trianle system, ive come back to it so many times because i really like it but almost ALL of my most embaressing losses have come from one of its lines.
Ill just suddenly out of no where get destroyed by players at like the 1300 level. Though most of them werent in the noteboom proper.

TetsuoShima

probably every opening i play, maybe it should be applied to chess in general

moonnie

Semi slav defence. For some reason i always played well in Caro Kann so I thought it would be logical to play semi slav however it never worked out and lost against equal players and drew against worse player.