Forums

Opening suggestion please: For opening tree!!!

Sort:
dahal32

Hello every one. I am Nobel and I am an aggressive chess player who doesnt liketaking up POSITIONAL entangles. I prefer wild states and open positions with a supa dupa spectacular win in the part of black. However I used to use the centre counter gambit which after 4 losses with high rated players, I find un"sound". Could you perhaps suggest me an opening on part of black with lots of explosion?(illustrated pls...) NOTE: I am unwary of sicilian, I know how to play against it, not with it! And sicilian isa just not my type.

thatsunpossible

Petrov's defense can be pretty open.

1. e4, e5 2.Nf3, Nf6

So can the Open Variation of the Ruy Lopez

1. e4, e5 2. Nf3, Nc6 3. Bb5, a6 4. Ba4, Nf6 5. 0-0, Nxe4

But the most agressive opening that I've seen is the Latvian Gambit

1. e4, e5 2. Nf3, f5

By the way, I'm guessing that you're referring to responses to 1. e4

Ben_Dubuque

you like wild open positions where it could end up any way possible. try the KG

finalunpurez

Latvian gambit?

grandmasterxpchesser

Latvian is very aggressive I played a latvian player every time in my chess club it might be a tempo down but if a player knows how to handle that opening can come out victorious

dahal32
pfren wrote:
finalunpurez wrote:

Latvian gambit?

Yes. It is an opening where Black sacrifices a pawn or two while exposing his own king, to get sure he will be at least much worse after a while. Warmly recommended in all S-M manuals.

Sir, what does S-M mean? I am sorry if I look like an idiot but frankly, not many chess books come in Nepal.

dualfusion77

Against d4, play this.

I forget what it is called but it is an aggresive line from the tarrasch against the QGD. Black has compensation for the pawn.

Ben_Dubuque

either that or do the Dutch. easier to learn I think.

dualfusion77

I guess the dutch is a possibility, but is it that explosive? Anyway, both openings, both sides need to know their stuff pretty well, or one side will start to die

dahal32

Wow! tarrasch looks like my kind of a game, and open one. d4 set!

barpalarp

Er...you can try the king's gambit? Though there is always the chance your opponent might steamroller over you if you're not careful.

dahal32

Yep, barpalarp~!

dualfusion77

ya its pretty cool, although i don't remember the exact name of the gambit, its worth playing it. the tarrasch is usually this.

this is the tarrasch, however i think the gambit is much better for you.

good luck on your opening