Forums

parham attack

Sort:
The_Gavinator

I think Qh5 is actually less shit, cuz it at least has a purpose. 3 a3 just seems like skipping a turn.

Ben_Dubuque

The KG is much better than this crap, and saying it hangs a pawn does nothing to shoot it down, KASPAROV Lost convincingly enough to put the KG in a level of its own, it was the most popular opening from arround 1600 to the mid 1800's and there is no refutation, FISCHER NEVER BELIEVED THIS, he just chose to write the article to scare people off, and plus some of the moves in his analysis have been shown to be worse for white than most rational people would play. SPASSKY BEAT FISCHER with it.

If that constitutes crap, and makes it completely unsound, then what the hell makes you think that a GM who would loose to KASPAROV (NAKA) and who always looses to CARLSEN (who has played the KG before) strengthens the Parham, when I can follow in the footsteps of veritable legends, which NAKA will NEVER become.  also The player who beat KASPY was SHORT.

anyway with that I rest my argument in favor of the KG

waffllemaster
The_Gavinator wrote:

I think Qh5 is actually less shit, cuz it at least has a purpose. 3 a3 just seems like skipping a turn.

Well that's the point isn't it?  Qh5 then Qf3 a move or two later... technically speaking this is the definition of skipping a turn... that's what losing a tempo is.

The_Gavinator

Jetfigher, you're not one of the best players of all time. Fischer said this sucks, and obviously if you are rated 1300 you don't do too well with it either. I don't see you following in Fischer's footsteps...

The_Gavinator

How would you know? You've never played it :p

The_Gavinator

no, the parham lol

The_Gavinator

In math, yes. there is one way to do things, and that's the correct way. Chess is completely different, with infinite possibilities of strategy, positions, movements, etc...

The_Gavinator

But if I want to find 2+2, there is one way to do that. If I want to checkmate someone in 10 moves, there are nearly infinite ways to do that. That's the major difference, IMs and PHDs are both knowledgeable, but chess and math are different beasts. Btw, I'm tired of wrecking people's threads, see the new one I made.

Ben_Dubuque

Gavinator do I need Batgirl to show you all of the Games FISCHER played it, he only said it sucked cause he lost to a soviet player who played it against him. He also was a loon and plus having an undefeated record with it as white is better than your example NAKA who has a shit record with it

atarw
jason17 wrote:
edboardman1 wrote:

see you try and find Qh5 in books and either wall , schuller, batford seem to tell the same story, its not in the book, so it must be a bad opening or theory. Yet over the board experience tells me that it works, even in here also, with a 75 to 80 % . Which i will take that over any book player, who relys on hope chess, instead of know chess. 

did you know that 44% of statistics are made up, including yours?

Did you know that 90% percent of people believe what they read? I know its true, because I read it in a book somewhere.

Ben_Dubuque
joeydvivre wrote:

If you want to go about proving the Riemann Conjecture there are untold approaches....

I didn't know that you were at the 2+2 stage in your math.  About the same as your chess, huh?

isn't 2+2 fish

I know its actualy 4 but I couldn't resist the chance to do that

Oh and the answer for serious people is right under that answer.

By the way how do you figure out the volume of a hemisphere

V=4/3 pir squared all over 2

answer is again above for serious folks

The_Gavinator

Jetfighter, that's gonna be half the area of a sphere, so .5x(4/3)xr^3, or something like that. Taking Geometry?

Ben_Dubuque

opos see I get messed up a bit I wrote squared its cubed, actually algebra II

The_Gavinator

Oh that was a fun class.

The_Gavinator

alexlaw- I agree. In the two lines above you posted, the main difference is that in the Parham white is up a pawn. Also, in the Parham line you posted, which is a common one, I usually follow up with d3, then try to pin the knight. It's defending pawns have both moved, so if black doesn't play h6, or move the queen, Nd5 wins a piece.

The_Gavinator

Are you serious?

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
The_Gavinator

Lol stop talking about stuff you don't know joey, you've never played the parham

The_Gavinator

Here's what you can do joey, tell me something that is better than the Parham. See my topic "Is anything better for me than the Parham?"

The_Gavinator

maybe you need glasses, but please go onto the other thread. This should remain stictly parham discussion, not going off topic.