Forums

The Omega-Isis Gambit

Sort:
davidsenjaya123

What the 10 next move ? Thx

oinquarki

I think that what you meant to say was 1-0 next move, not 10 next move. And the next move which leads to a 1-0 game is obviously dxe5. Play might continue 3... resigns and promises to never play that opening again.

Cutebold

3.dxe5 d6 4.exd6 Bxd6 looks pretty weird but interesting. Nf6, castles, but the f-pawn looks awkward as anything. That's just off the top of my head.

Cutebold

Interesting doesn't mean good! An awkward f-pawn that keeps the LSB from being very good without some work isn't a favorite, while the DSB can't quite move just yet. Everything works in bullet, though. Everything. :(

Elubas

Very well said conzipe.

Charybdis114

Lol why's it called the Omega ISIS gambit?

Yigor

It seems that Omega-Isis gambit is different peshka.png:

Yigor
Charybdis114 wrote:

Lol why's it called the Omega ISIS gambit?

Hmm... I'm Alpha and Omega, Gog and Magog, Osiris and Isis ... maybe something along these lines. grin.pngblitz.pngpeshka.png

N.B. It's definitely not related to the terrorist ISIS. 🙄

DasBurner
Yigor wrote:

It seems that Omega-Isis gambit is different :

That just looks terrible for black. What's the compensation for the one, and in the next few moves, two pawns?

Yigor
DaBabysSideTing wrote:
Yigor wrote:

It seems that Omega-Isis gambit is different :

That just looks terrible for black. What's the compensation for the one, and in the next few moves, two pawns?

Nobody knows. 🤷‍♂️🙃🤷🏿‍♂️

asleepycat1
Yeah the ISIS gambit is unsurprisingly low IQ, I destroy it with 3dxe5 (the MOAB variation)
Yigor

Hmm... maybe we should create Omega-Isis tournament !?! grin.png