Forums

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

Sort:
heinzie

By the way trysts, keep in mind that I have actually won TWO of these CPOTM competitions fair and square. Not sure how I did it, because despite myself being friendly, I do not have so many friends, and even less in the clique deciding every month who's going to win this award. Somehow the votes for me displeased Mr ATudor, who wanted someone else to win his own democratic competition for a paid membership; as a kind of consolence, I guess, I then went on to win the original competition. Then Tudor's house burnt down and then he got banned. What a life.

Ruby-Fischer
Charlotte_212 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsjybfVJBCM  

used to be able to post film clips, but i've not tried for a few weeks, it's different now, ne'er mind.

Funny clip, never seen any of that series, must have a watch. Smile

Your thinking he might know who won CPOTM?

Charlotte

if anyone knows, he does!

trysts

In September of 2011, a French invasion occurred, an imaginary fellow got the most votes, the thread was locked, and for the first time in the history of CPOTM the award was given to a runner-up.

When corrijean was nominated in early September, little did she know that a French boy named checkmateibeatu, and an imaginary pot-head named lennybongcloud would make her a key figure in what Hannah Arendt called, 'The Banality of Silliness' 

For some weeks before, checkmateibeatu had been creating thread after thread. Sometimes over a dozen threads a day. They weren't what one would call gems of originality, and in fact many were suspiciously similar to other people's threads. Well, in late summer, tempers were boiling over. Not only about the amount of threads, but a combative style which did not sit well with some of the members of Chess.com. In one of his threads, an apparent dislike appeared over the joke-member, lennybongcloud. When lenny was nominated for CPOTM, checkmateibeatu had had enough and invaded the CPOTM thread, doing battle with all comers. He even tried to usurp the duties of proknight, when he was absent. 

In the end, lennybongcloud had gathered the most votes, but was disqualified based upon probably not really existing in the first place. And corrijean was rightly awarded the title of most pure...

trysts
heinzie wrote:

By the way trysts, keep in mind that I have actually won TWO of these CPOTM competitions fair and square. Not sure how I did it, because despite myself being friendly, I do not have so many friends, and even less in the clique deciding every month who's going to win this award. Somehow the votes for me displeased Mr ATudor, who wanted someone else to win his own democratic competition for a paid membership; as a kind of consolence, I guess, I then went on to win the original competition. Then Tudor's house burnt down and then he got banned. What a life.

I forgot you won thatLaughing

trysts
netzach wrote:

Interesting memories. Is funny ! 

ThanksLaughing

netzach

:) hard to locate ! (that picture) Smile

goldendog

I like you already.

corrijean
Charlotte_212 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsjybfVJBCM  

used to be able to post film clips, but i've not tried for a few weeks, it's different now, ne'er mind.

It works now with the new embed code instead of the old. I guess they updated.

proKnight98

By a vote of 9 to 5, congratulations to...

kco! You are the official winner of CPOTM April! 

After withdrawing from several of the previous CPOTM competitions, kco has stepped back into the running, winning the final Head of Nominees competition, securing his place in the finals, and eventually won enough votes to win. 

Check back soon for CPOTM May. Thanks~!

TheGrobe

Congratulations kco!  I particularly liked the part where I had no idea what the hell was going on -- it was just like reading one of your posts.

malko

Habemus CPOTM! 

goldendog

Given the choice, the crowd will always save Barabbas, er I mean kco.

'grats you downunder legend!

kco

Thank you ProKnight for that, finally Tongue out and thanks to everyone who has voted for me. Better luck this time Charlotte_212, who know. Smile  

netzach

Congrats !

kco

Yes of course proknight I came back for that month cause is was my birthday month ! Surprised

TheGrobe
kco wrote:

Yes of course proknight I came back for that month cause is was my birthday month ! 

See what I mean?  I recognize all the words as English, but what's he saying?  No one knows!

Joseph-S

Congratulations, KCO!

And great work on the history reviews, Trysts!

Twobit

Congrats kco! Congrats to Charlotte_212, too! What a month! Could it ever be surpassed?

trysts
Joseph-S wrote:

Congratulations, KCO!

And great work on the history reviews, Trysts!

Thank you!

And congratulations, kco.