Forums

Estimate an ELO for my chess engine!

Sort:
veclock

Hi, I need some help estimating an ELO-rating for my chess engine:
http://veclock.deviantart.com/art/Chess-AI-Game-2-137824600

Also, enjoy playing and tell me who won :)

Another question: what's the ELO-rating of a player that can defeat Rybka if you remove her queen from the start?

EternalChess
veclock wrote:

Another question: what's the ELO-rating of a player that can defeat Rybka if you remove her queen from the start?

Not much.. i did the kings gambit against rybka with queen odds.. and in 5 moves it resigned.

hominoid

Please no links to outside chess site as you agreed to in TOS (MOD)

silentiarius

I'd say that your engine is clearly below 1500 but that's hard to judge from the one game I've just played.

ElKitch

Much respect for someone to build an engine, even when its rated no so high.

silentiarius

Update. I just played the following game:

I think I should lower my rating estimate.

pumpupthevolume247

I must congratulate you on your awesome creation! My real life rating is about 1600 and I played against it 1 game as black, I won quite easily but...

I'd rate the engine about 1450...

Tactics - 1800

Positional - 1200

Checks/threats/captures - 1450-1500

I won my game via "removal of the guard / decoy" - I had my queen and knight on h2 - just needed to remove the f3 defending knight - put my LSB on g4 and the computer blundered by capturing the free bishop and allowed Qxh2# - the initial bug I think you should try and work out is that your programme needs to prioritize a checkmate threat over a free piece...

I hope this is helpful - and continue your work on it... you could end up with something very powerful in the near future Wink

... anyone rated above 1300 should be able to beat Rybka without her queen... my Houdini is rated 3200, same as Rybka (about), and I can beat it without 1 of its rooks... just about! Houdini usually wins the exchange, then forces a draw after I'm just a knight up - but I can win on a good day!

Good luck in your future programming! Cool