Forums

Blindfold chess exercises

Sort:
RoderickGorbyFSU

Hello!

I've been developing my skills at blindfold chess over the past few years, and have come up with a few multi-faceted exercises recently that I think can be done quickly and which can improve blindfold play pretty dramatically.  I just came up with these today and haven't used them yet, but would be curious to know what anyone else thinks of these exercises, and whether anyone else has exercises they might share here.

exercise 1 level 1:  memorize a chess position from a tactics website like chesstempo.com.  Set up the position from memory on a magnetic or pocket board and put it away.  Solve it in your head then input the moves on the website to check your work.

exercise 1 level 2: Same as above, but open up 2 tabs in your browswer and in each pull up a tactics problem from chesstempo or chess tactics server.  Memorize and set up the positions from memory on 2 separate boards, put them away and and solve both positions before checking either by inputting the moves.

exercise 2: read through the pgn of a game and envision the board, not entirely in your head, but by following along on a blank board.  Maybe this will become easier with time and a blank board won't be necessary.

I'd love to know of any other exercises!

best, RG

RoderickGorbyFSU

Actually, I've been doing exercise 1 level 1 with great success over the past week, I haven't tried level 2 or the second exercise, yet.

The_Punz_R_Real

ive tried blindfold chess before it is kind of hard i did kind of good i guess.

zukazuka743

http://chesseye.alexander-fleischer.de/index.php

try helped very quickly great app :D

there program gives you few peaces and eazy puzzles for blindfold :D