Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess 960 Live chess?

• 7 months ago · Quote · #101

granp9

Chess.com must know they are losing a lot of users in this way. I also am playing on other website chess960. Furthermore, adding this feature to an already chess website is really easy. I can do it for free if they want. I hope they will read this long discussion :)

Regards

• 7 months ago · Quote · #102

Rebro

I saw Danny Rensch comment on reddit that it's coming soon. Getting excited!

• 6 months ago · Quote · #103

AhmedRiaz

Badly needed

• 6 months ago · Quote · #104

ollave

+1

• 6 months ago · Quote · #105

AaronShaverPDX

Rebro, that's great news! I hope live 960 comes to chess.com soon.

• 5 months ago · Quote · #106

DreamTeK

5 years of pleading. I guess if you want 960 it's time to go somewhere else.

Also I agree with @granp9 I could write this into an existing system within a day.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #107

Benzodiazepine

How do I play 960?

I like the fact Fischer invented it.

• 3 months ago · Quote · #108

oafy

Yes I'd love the option to play 960 in live or bullet mode.  I'm a paying member but currently I need to visit another site (chesscube) to do this. Please bring this out soon on chess.com!

• 3 months ago · Quote · #109

manic13

kohai wrote:
    kokino wrote:

Is that ready? I mean is it possible to play CHess960 in Live chess?

No its not possible yet, maybe sometime in the future though

lol....i guess we'll never see a Standard time control or 960 Live Chess... 

• 46 hours ago · Quote · #110

Javbe

Really? Still no live chess960? It would take an afternoon to program it into the site. People have been asking for it for years and still nothing.

• 45 hours ago · Quote · #111

glider1001

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 45 hours ago · Quote · #112

glider1001

I have also waited for years. Thankfully other Chess960 sites like lichess and chesscube support it.

I think the problem is that Chess.com must be worried about the support issues.

Lets assume that there were no support issues. Then they would introduce Chess960 because there is no cost, only profit.

The problem is that support = cost and they must think that the costs will still outweigh the profit.

All I can say is that they must have a low opinion of their ability to program in the change.

• 30 hours ago · Quote · #113

Javbe

Welp I've moved over to Chesscube.com, they have chess960 and the site has a more modern feel. 

• 30 hours ago · Quote · #114

Khallyx

Javbe wrote:

Welp I've moved over to Chesscube.com, they have chess960 and the site has a more modern feel. 

See ya.

Maybe they'll introduce it with V3, that would certainly be interesting.

Post your reply: