Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess 960 Live chess?

• 2 weeks ago · Quote · #161

friscodelrosario

To toggle back and forth from v.3 to v.2, chess.com/switch.

• 2 weeks ago · Quote · #162

glider1001

V3 beta is not there for free members. Question is Android 960 then, whether that is also for paid members only.

• 2 weeks ago · Quote · #163

power_2_the_people

android 960

• 2 weeks ago · Quote · #164

friscodelrosario

glider1001 wrote:

V3 beta is not there for free members. Question is Android 960 then, whether that is also for paid members only.

No better reason to upgrade!

• 13 days ago · Quote · #165

Martin_Stahl

glider1001 wrote:

Go to Play then choose the + for a new game. Choose Create Challenge and choose Type. That should allow you to change to Chess960. 

That should let you know pretty quickly if it is available to all members (I assume it it though).

• 13 days ago · Quote · #166

glider1001

Thanks Martin, Chess960 is NOT available to non-paying members at this stage on Android, I just checked using your method. You can only choose "time", "rated" and the opponent. We also CANNOT participate in the website beta.

Frisco, although I would like to be a paid member and I was a premium member for a while, the expense is prohibitive for people that live in a poor exchange rate country relative to US dollars, where the situation is made worse because of extreme time zone differences making it even less attractive to pay for membership because when we want to play live, you are all asleep in your bed.

• 13 days ago · Quote · #167

Martin_Stahl

Ah, good to know. I kind of figured they would want as many testers as possible for that.

• 11 days ago · Quote · #168

ArtNJ

Tough to understand why its taking so long.  Maybe some of the other features in the beta are more complex or are having issues.  

Post your reply: