Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Chess 960 Live chess?

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #141

Harry585

A.C.T

this forum started 7 years ago!

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #142

egdodnoj

The staff of Chess.com has been asked again and again about this and the best you will ever get is a promise that it is in the plan for some indeterminate future.  All you can really do vote with your wallet.  As much as I miss my premium account I'll not be renewing it until live 960 comes to this site.

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #143

Martin_Stahl

egdodnoj wrote:

The staff of Chess.com has been asked again and again about this and the best you will ever get is a promise that it is in the plan for some indeterminate future.  All you can really do vote with your wallet.  As much as I miss my premium account I'll not be renewing it until live 960 comes to this site.

I haven't played it and I don't know if it is buggy or even it really works but I just jumped over to V3 and I see 960 in the drop-down when creating a challenge.

I created a temp challenge and it shows up in the seek graph too. So looks like it is coming at some point, assuming no show-stopping bugs get encountered.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #144

BISHOP_e3

How can I "jump over to V3" ?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #145

Martin_Stahl

Link a the bottom of the page that says Try the new Chess.com.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #146

thornybranch

This is good news. 

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #147

ChessKingT

Martin_Stahl wrote:
    egdodnoj wrote:

I haven't played it and I don't know if it is buggy or even it really works but I just jumped over to V3 and I see 960 in the drop-down when creating a challenge.

I created a temp challenge and it shows up in the seek graph too. So looks like it is coming at some point, assuming no show-stopping bugs get encountered.

Yes, it is actually completely functional if the opponent is in v3 live chess ;) It's a lot of fun, and if you are ever online in v3 and want to play, let me know ;)

• 2 weeks ago · Quote · #148

Squiggle55

ChessKingT wrote:
    Martin_Stahl wrote:
    egdodnoj wrote:

Yes, it is actually completely functional if the opponent is in v3 live chess ;) It's a lot of fun, and if you are ever online in v3 and want to play, let me know ;)

Yay! this is exactly what I was coming to the forums to suggest!

• 7 days ago · Quote · #149

LaurenceGlazier

This is in the latest Android app update, I played two 5 minute games this morning. Doesn't seem to be available on the website yet.

• 7 days ago · Quote · #150

EvgeniyZh

Haven't managed to find opponent in any time control :(

• 7 days ago · Quote · #151

ArtNJ

Its in the IOS update too, but I cant tell if it works since no live games show up in the seeks, at least not that I saw, and no one accepted my 10 minute challenge.  Weird that its out on ios and Android before the web version, seeing as its hard to control the release dates of IOS apps and they have total control of updating the web version.  Still, presumably its coming.  

• 7 days ago · Quote · #152

power_2_the_people

sorry i didn't read the thread here but yes, i've tried a couple of times to have an opponent, waiting, never happened ...

• 7 days ago · Quote · #153

LaurenceGlazier

Looks like I was lucky. My 5m seek found an opponent within a minute. NB all future seeks were for 960 until I reset the setting to normal.

• 7 days ago · Quote · #154

dharrison122886

Finally, wow! I will be playing this exclusively now

• 5 days ago · Quote · #155

Martin_Stahl

It is only available on v3 of the website, so it stands to reason that you are not going to see it (unless you are running the v3 beta).

Since it is in the app now, it is likely you will start seeing more and more games available, depending on overall popularity.

• 17 hours ago · Quote · #156

nicolidus

I can't find an opponent either :(

Post your reply: