Forums

How do you even start a game ?

Sort:
79Abraxas79

I am big Chess960 fan.  I don't see any option on Chess.com to play it though.  Somehow I played a couple of games, but at least on live chess, there is no way that I can see to seek a game. 

Its a big omission on the part of chess.com not to have this variant.

livluvrok

I think chess960 you need more time to analyze the position and where the pieces are. I don't know what time control you would want to play in live, but for instanse a 3min blitz 960 game would be very hard to do.

3DPG

That's my question too. How do I start a chess960 game (against computer or otherwise)?

Presently, I'm playing chess960 by texting.

RhythmOfTheKnight0021

3DPG wrote:

That's my question too. How do I start a chess960 game (against computer or otherwise)?

Presently, I'm playing chess960 by texting.

Are you on mobile or computer?

3DPG

I'm presently using my computer... so with trial and errorsssss, I finally found out how:.. from button..

Play> "New Game"> Custom Game> Type> ... many to choose 'Live960'

I have not yet tried it yet but I think this is correct.

.. but I'm not sure if it's the same using my Android Tablet

I'm still in the middle a game, texting my moves from my physical board at home ...happy.png

BillDuran

Ditto on the question of starting a chess960 game - I am on a computer - I don't see it as an option in "Variants" list - is there some secret to getting into a game?  BTW, I have never played this variant, I would love to see how it works...

Cheers!