Forums

Where to play Chess with unequal armies

Sort:
ChipmunkChessCoach

I'd like to play my friend online where we can setup the board how we like, such as...

Is there such a place to play online?

alfsson

Isn't that kind of thing best to be played against a computer program...

ChipmunkChessCoach

Maybe.  But my friend and I like to play games like this with different pieces (8 pawns vs. 2 bishops, etc.) and it's a great way to teach kids without all the pieces.  Still looking for a place where I can play a game like this  online.

DefinitelyNotGM

Chess Tempo allows it, but there's no point in using that, there's never anyone online

ajttja

white wins

MrDamonSmith

Yeah, whites gonna win that one on average. It looks like he's got what, like a thousand pawns or something?

sapientdust
DefinitelyNotGM wrote:

Chess Tempo allows it, but there's no point in using that, there's never anyone online

The OP said he is looking for somewhere that he and his friend can play online, so they can easily schedule when they will both go online to play.

DefinitelyNotGM

You used to be able to, but i just checked, they've removed it

skakmadurinn

Can't you just meet him and play on a real chess board? You can do everything on that Smile

But yeah, I think it's not easy to do that online.. 

ChipmunkChessCoach

Unfortunately my friend is not in town that often.  It's easy to play these games with my little ones on a real board. They don't know who has the advantage and they learn different things by playing white, and then black.  I'm hoping to start a Chess Club at their school and looking for variants with less pieces so not to overwhelm the beginners.  Any advice?