Forums

Buckhouse will be added to chess.com next year

Sort:
SebLeb0210

Cant wait... whos up for a  buckhouse match !

johnhartsox

It's called bughouse

KvothDuval

what is buckhouse??

linuxed

Buckhouse.  Is that the Canadian version of bughouse, where everyone gets to see a doctor but the booze is way over taxed?

Whompo

@cjt33 it's usually only IRL, and it's where two games are played beside eachother with opposite-facing boards and when one person captures a piece, they give it to the person next to them and that person can put the piece wherever they want on the board. The only rules about where you can put it are no pawns on the 1st or 8th ranks and no placing pieces on top of other pieces. Any questions? :P

KvothDuval

ohhhhh.... you mean multipiesas (spanish) thanks

SebLeb0210

Are you sure its " Bughouse"

linuxed
SebLeb0210 wrote:

Are you sure its " Bughouse"

It could be buckhouse somewhere, a regional thing like coke/soda/pop.  Here we call it Verrücktschlachthof.

ajttja

how would bug house work over the internet? you need a partner and how would you pass the pieces to you partner?

Whompo
[COMMENT DELETED]
Whompo

the pieces will automatically go to the other player and you would choose your partner

SebLeb0210

yeah its realy cool.

goldendog

bunkhouse is a riot.

Auntie_Maim
linuxed wrote:

Buckhouse.  Is that the Canadian version of bughouse, where everyone gets to see a doctor but the booze is way over taxed?

But at least in Canada you can fire up a number and fuss about it while you're macrameing your behind into the davenport.....

The Hubby informs me that the bughouse variant is actually quite old.  It was apparently well-established by the time Lewis Carroll wrote "Through the Looking Glass," and based on Carroll's own notes Alice's adventure here is a description of a game in progress.  I have also heard that the first recorded bughouse-like game dates from the 12th century.  Any of the FM/IM crowd want to weigh in on this?

TheBlueKnight9

Its Bughouse, not Buckhouse.

Heres a link to a wikipedia about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bughouse_chess

SebLeb0210

oh yeah sorry... are you exited ?

Auntie_Maim

Nope, still here.........

(btw, I think the word you're looking for is actually "excited...")

SebLeb0210

yeah whatever.

Swindlers_List
Auntie_Maim wrote:
linuxed wrote:

But at least in Canada you can fire up a number and fuss about it while you're macrameing your behind into the davenport.....

The Hubby informs me that the bughouse variant is actually quite old.  It was apparently well-established by the time Lewis Carroll wrote "Through the Looking Glass," and based on Carroll's own notes Alice's adventure here is a description of a game in progress.  I have also heard that the first recorded bughouse-like game dates from the 12th century.  Any of the FM/IM crowd want to weigh in on this?

idk about 12th century, but im not suprised it is old, after all shogi is essentially one board transfer chess, and its quite old.

SebLeb0210

yeah