Forums

Chess.com Redesign - Need Help from our Talented Members!

Sort:
erik

Hi friends! Chess.com has an upcoming redesign that is almost complete. We are looking for some members who can help us by previewing the new version and providing feedback.

We are looking for any members who have experience with:

- web design
- QA
- graphic design
- web programming
- UI/UX skills

You will be given access to the new redesign here on Chess.com. We will ask that you use a special Feedback button to help us find and fix problems. Everything from broken pages to design inconsistencies - we need help finding it all! After a few weeks of this we will release the new design for everyone on Chess.com.

Extra-helpful members may be rewarded with Chess.com Memberships.  

To help out, please send me a private message with your qualifications and apply to the group here: http://www.chess.com/groups/view/chesscom-redesign-feedback

Thank you! 

shequan

just thinks you should make it so when you get new messages they don't show up in "alerts", just have some other little thing somewheres that indicates new messages likes in email.

erik

bump :)

Conflagration_Planet

grump :(

kyska00

I hope that you have made the draw offers more prominent. I have missed quite a few.

PHI33
[COMMENT DELETED]
furtiveking
paul211 wrote:

What is QA? Quality assurance?

I have logged into the link on your post #1 and could not figure out where I can be of help.

The message says send a private message. To whom do I send it and where do I send a private message to, no link or contact provided.

Your message also says apply to the group here:  

Once I get to the link do I join the group or contact the leader?

QA is quality assurance, yes.

Erik very clearly says to send HIM a private message. :-)

nerdie

I say prioritize the chat tab on online chess games. I missed a lot of messages from my opponent before since when I click on my games all I see is the move list which can be easily reviewed by clicking on the forward/back buttons. and I guess the movelist is something that a player will not miss to check. but the chat messages are something that you'd really miss to see if you played a lot of games where players don't chat. and there's this one game where your opponent chats a lot. and I don't wanna give someone like that a cold shoulder by ignoring his/her messages. but I unintentionally did ignore some messages since I didn't notice someone sent me a message.. 

Sorry for the long comment. I can't find the words to explain it better. 

shequan

yeahs, I realize whats I was saying is possible with options already available.

lordcratos

I would help out, but I need the payment to be in bacon. Please let me know when this is made available.

m00nlight
nerdie wrote:

I say prioritize the chat tab on online chess games. I missed a lot of messages from my opponent before since when I click on my games all I see is the move list which can be easily reviewed by clicking on the forward/back buttons. and I guess the movelist is something that a player will not miss to check. but the chat messages are something that you'd really miss to see if you played a lot of games where players don't chat. and there's this one game where your opponent chats a lot. and I don't wanna give someone like that a cold shoulder by ignoring his/her messages. but I unintentionally did ignore some messages since I didn't notice someone sent me a message.. 

Sorry for the long comment. I can't find the words to explain it better. 

This is already an option

http://www.chess.com/home/echess_settings.html

And change the Default tab from Moves to Chat.

nerdie

thanks bro. done. should I remove my comment then?

furtiveking
nerdie wrote:

thanks bro. done. should I remove my comment then?

Nah, keep it in case others have the same question.

surfer277

Yeah, cause it gets annoying after people answer the same question.

erik
paul211 wrote:

Really ? Do you know what you are missing by not asking my assitance.

Well some people are and others are also self./..???

yes, i'm well aware. 

Conflagration_Planet

I've got some bad news for you. There's no such thing as talent. At least that's what some fools on here claim LOL.

sun_beam

You should be able to have people take back draw offers, and when people click resign you should have a sign that says are you sure you would like to resign? Oh, and what if u already have membership?

digitalrika

how is the new design going to affect our themes? would it be a good idea to save our settings?

erik

your themes are safe. they might need some touchups after going live, though. 

TadDude
sun_beam wrote:

You should be able to have people take back draw offers ...

Scenario: Your opponent has thought for quite a long time, with his clock ticking, then you withdraw your offer.

("Extra-helpful members may be rewarded with Chess.com Memberships." Does that count or was it too obvious?)