• 2 years ago · Quote · #163

Pawnpusher3

Efcc

• 2 years ago · Quote · #164

heinzie

Own Pace Chess

• 2 years ago · Quote · #165

broccolihero

What about Cadence Chess? Not exactly immediately recognizable to all, but easy enough to look up and versatile enough to fit different situations. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #166

heinzie

Database chess

• 2 years ago · Quote · #167

netzach

Centaur Chess

• 2 years ago · Quote · #168

netzach

Chameleon Chess

• 2 years ago · Quote · #169

netzach

Chess.Com.Chess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #170

sapientdust

Asynchronous Chess. That's the key distinction between Live Chess and Correspondence Chess: in one, both players must play simultaneously, while in the other, they don't.

And anybody who knows what asynchronous means should know how that is different from Live Chess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #171

netzach

Chess-Diablo.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #172

colt

Why is Turnbased Chess getting so many votes?

Isn't all chess turn based?

I think On-line Chess and Live Chess are pretty good, but I'll vote for Correspondence Chess

• 2 years ago · Quote · #173

Trag55

"Slow Chess" sounds bad, don't go with that one. cChess seems good, after all "Correspondence Chess" sounds good and has history with it. 

"Daily" is the sort of mundane compromise one would get used to swiftly.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #174

sapientdust

Yes, all chess is turn based, just as all chess played over the Internet is online chess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #175

xbigboy

As this thread has demonstrated, there really is no good way to call it. I would recommend just using the familiar Correspondence Chess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #176

MittRomney

Argh, I'm so sick of debates.  Call it Slow-Thinkers Chess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #177

damongross

Since the alternative to online chess is live chess, you could just call it dead chess, or chess on life support, or something like that.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #178

chess_kebabs

I like cChess best - unique, catchy but still representing  what it is, correspondene chess - anytime chess is 'ok'

• 2 years ago · Quote · #179

waffllemaster

sapientdust wrote:

Asynchronous Chess. That's the key distinction between Live Chess and Correspondence Chess: in one, both players must play simultaneously, while in the other, they don't.

And anybody who knows what asynchronous means should know how that is different from Live Chess.

I like it, it's perfectly descriptive.

But I think Erik is looking more for a marketing solution than a dictionary solution.  Consequently I have no good ideas :)

I do think if you could find a way to relate "asynchronous" in a common word or phrase then it'd be a great name.

As for not wanting to use the traditional "correspondence" chess because new players don't know chess lingo yet, I think that's being a little too greedy :).  But hey if you can get away with it and find a good name, more power to you.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #180

trysts

How about "Comfy Chess", waffllemaster?Laughing

Post your reply: