Come On,Make Your Move Chess

Move before You Lose Chess

It's Juz Chess Chess

Nothing but Chess Chess

Why am I Always About to lose on time Chess

Anytime,Anywhere,Anyhow Chess

Play at Your Own Risk Chess

Why Don't you Resign Chess

Nothing Better to Do Chess ( Juz Kidding .. lol )

winerkleiner

Our input is futile chess

motherinlaw

My current Nominee:

"Let's Play Chess!/Come On!/Let's Play Chess!/Please Play with Me!" Chess

-- I Love it, Kikyo!

***Note: the added exclamation marks are mine, since it reminded me of this ACTUAL comparative psychology "language" study in which some researchers  "succeeded" in teaching Dogs to "type" --- using their paws to press on big keyboards in order to obtain familiar reinforcers:

Now, I Swear this is True:  The dogs, wanting to go for "a ride in the car," DID learn to type  --- "G O  C A R" -- but then Always ended up getting so Excited that it came out:  "GGGOOOOCCCCCCAAAAARRRRRR"! ... 

(Conclusion? ------ Dogs? -- not really good spellers.)

RICK29

ComChess- community chess, computer chess , chess.com!

Ok everythings settled lets all call it "ComChess".

SandyJames

Take Your Time Chess

TYTC Wink

Ziryab

True chess.

motherinlaw

"True" and "Take Your Time" Chess ... OK, good suggestions.  

Am a bit concerned, though, about this "ComChess" idea .... Everybody knows those "Ruskies" always liked to "play chess," especially after The Revolution. ... And we Loyal American Children didn't hide under our schooldesks for Nothing in the '50's! -- just to let some subversive Ruskie "chessites" come along now, and infiltrate our "chess sites!" 

AndyClifton

CCC (Chess.Com Chess)

AndyClifton
motherinlaw wrote:

(Conclusion? ------ Dogs? -- not really good spellers.)

lol...It figures they'd lean on the R too (I guess Scooby Doo is pretty factual after all). Smile

learningthemoves

You guys still trying your hardest to avoid callling Challenge Chess by its name? lol.

The only problem with that naming strategy is the harder you try to avoid calling it what it was always meant to be called, the more and more obvious it becomes to you Challenge Chess is just what

Challenge Chess was always meant to be named. Smile

winerkleiner

But that has the same intials as Chess.com.

tigerhawk

I just found this forum (been too busy playing chess). I had to read the instructions on the site the first time to confirm that "Online Chess" was what I was looking for. Technically, this is "Asynchronous Chess" or possibly "Asynch Chess", but I don't care what it winds up being named, that's what I prefer to play. "A rose by any other name..."

When a partner starts playing a game at the same time you are, it's almost as fast as "Live Chess" sometimes! But you have the option to put the game on "hold" if you have to go to the bathroom... or if your wife calls... or if you fall asleep...

TheGrobe

Except Asynchronous implies that it's not turn based anymore. I still favour "Intermittent" as about the most precise, though it could be construed to mean that the service is unstable so perhaps not ideal from a marketability standpoint.

winerkleiner
tigerhawk wrote:

I just found this forum (been too busy playing chess). I had to read the instructions on the site the first time to confirm that "Online Chess" was what I was looking for. Technically, this is "Asynchronous Chess" or possibly "Asynch Chess", but I don't care what it winds up being named, that's what I prefer to play. "A rose by any other name..."

When a partner starts playing a game at the same time you are, it's almost as fast as "Live Chess" sometimes! But you have the option to put the game on "hold" if you have to go to the bathroom... or if your wife calls... or if you fall asleep...

Sorry to nit pick but how can you put the game on "hold" if you fall asleep?

TheGrobe

Um, just don't make moves in your sleep?

winerkleiner

Lol might be kin to sleep walking!

Ziryab

There are strong reasons for the favored choice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw