Forums

Most games you have had at once.

Sort:
nexus6ca

I am at 55 or so, probably will go above 60 games.  I am playing one guy who smashes that mark with 185 games.

adude23

I got around 550 at one point...

ozzie_c_cobblepot
About 135 for me
FafrdTheBarbarian

7th sense once had over 1000. he stopped playing and his rating dove.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

For historical reasons, I usually refer to timing out due to biting off more than you can chew as "LBing".

nexus6ca

Over a 1000??? Wow.  Thats just insane.

jtt96

over 10 or so.

Tripelkonzert
My max was 175 and this was full time work during vacation. In a normal life situation with work I don't think you can handle more than 70 and for that you should be a trained quick player plus access to chess.com with smart phones and alike.
chessmaster102

im in the middle of playing a little over 30 games adding up all other online games and not just this site and that the most I've ever had I think.

adude23
Tripelkonzert wrote:
My max was 175 and this was full time work during vacation. In a normal life situation with work I don't think you can handle more than 70 and for that you should be a trained quick player plus access to chess.com with smart phones and alike.

Well, I'm a school-kid so it might not count, but I've found that if I just implement 15-20 minutes of my life making moves on chess.com each night before bed (the only time I'm on chess.com during the day), I can handle my 400+ games fairly well.

Tripelkonzert
That might also depend on the mode. I had mainly 1move/day and o vacation games. Anyway 400+ in 20 min sounds like a lot to me. You must move instantly most of the times. adude23 wrote: Tripelkonzert wrote: My max was 175 and this was full time work during vacation. In a normal life situation with work I don't think you can handle more than 70 and for that you should be a trained quick player plus access to chess.com with smart phones and alike. Well, I'm a school-kid so it might not count, but I've found that if I just implement 15-20 minutes of my life making moves on chess.com each night before bed (the only time I'm on chess.com during the day), I can handle my 400+ games fairly well.
adude23

Well, I don't make 400 moves in those 25 minutes, since a lot of my games are 2 or 3 day time control. I'd say that it's more like 100 moves during those 15-20 minutes. My strategy is to just get it so that I have at least 23 hours remaining in all my games before signing off.

Tripelkonzert
That makes sense.
darrenshanrules

My max no. of games at once was 250.

nexus6ca

I am playing a guy who is at over 2000 games with a 1100 rating.

He is nuts --> assuming he takes only 10 seconds a move it would take him something like 6 hours to go through every game.

trysts
nexus6ca wrote:

I am playing a guy who is at over 2000 games with a 1100 rating.

He is nuts --> assuming he takes only 10 seconds a move it would take him something like 6 hours to go through every game.

That's crazy!

nexus6ca

What sucks is I got 6 games against him in 3 tournaments - takes forever.

Ziryab

75 approximately

trysts
nexus6ca wrote:

What sucks is I got 6 games against him in 3 tournaments - takes forever.

I think I had 40-something games at once here, a couple years ago, and it seriously wore me out!

notmtwain

This guy Ramon Palatan is playing 3,674 games at the current time.  I am trying to figure out why.  It looks like so many players resign against him in early moves that his rating isn't falling.