Forums

Voting up & down comments for the betterment of chess.com

Sort:
Narz

Sometimes when I'm playing my opponents in live chess I'm curious to read about the guy (or gal Cool) I've just played 20 straight lightning games with.  I see alot of rude comments on people's profiles, basically versions of "This guy is a jerk" with lots of racism, vulgarity & even one I saw insulting the guy's kids (who were pictured with him in his profile pic).

This type of thing really makes chess.com look bad.  In my opinion there should be a YouTube style downvoting/blocking of obnoxious comments like these.  If enough folks (say 4) downvote a comment on someone's profile, it becomes blocked.

Now obviously folks can delete "Your mother is an undead gorrila" from their own profiles but I suspect 90% of blitz players just come to play & they couldn't care less about their profiles so they don't bother.

So for those that do care I suggest such a feature.  Thank you & goodnight! Smile

Actually, I forgot to mention - I also suggest upvoting.  I think this feature really adds to a site.  Check out chesstempo.com as an example of how useful it can be (granted a totally different site but a prime example of how useful comments can be upper & obnoxious or useless ones blocked).

Let me know what y'all think staff & fellow members. Smile

taffy76

+1

thumbs up

Narz

Thx Taffy Laughing

AlCzervik

"I suspect 90% of blitz players just come to play & they couldn't care less about their profiles so they don't bother."

This is one reason it's not done here. Another is the ease of deleting a note and then blocking the sender.

taffy76

I'm sure the many trolls on this site would also object... Can't let their witty off-topic remarks be deleted now can we?

RookedOnChess

Hey, Tony :) I really like the idea, to tell you the truth. It might even be useful for things other than just comments on profiles, too!