Forums

Bongcloud Octagons

Sort:
browni3141

I won both my games against kid_of_chess. They were both fairly boring and not very Bongcloudy. I think kid_of_chess is getting tired of the Bongcloud because I remember him saying something like that in another thread, and he artificially castled in one of our games.

bresando

Congratulations. Can you post the links?

By the way, has everybody started round 2 challenges?

bresando

Jetfighter, i think your opponent ed-norton just left chess.com, since he timeouted all his recent challenges. Did he answered to your challlenge?

bresando

Round Two

browni3141-kid_of_chess 2-0

tazerdadog-bresando 0-0

jerry2468-brutus optimus 0-0

ed_norton-jetfighter13 0-2? (ed_norton retires from the tournament and jetfighter takes a 2-points bye I guess?)

Standings so far if ed_norton doesn't show up(round 2 still in progress)

Player                              games played             points           tie break

browni3141       4                      4             8

kid-of-chess      4                      2             0

tazerdadog       2                      2             0

jetfighter13      4                      2             0

jerry2468          2                      1             1 

bresando          2                      1             1

brutus optimus  2                      0             0

ed-norton         4                      0             0

tazerdadog
I will declare Ed_Norton's games forfeited if he has not started them 24 hours from now. Do you guys think we should use a house player for the third round, or just award another bye?
bresando

No, just award another bye. It's what happens in real life tournaments. Adding a new player makes no sense.

Ben_Dubuque

No, I hadnent been on in a while, Track and Field ll do that to ya

browni3141

Post #60

browni3141

Is this still going?

Ben_Dubuque

should be, just not sure

bresando

Yes, it's going on. The problem is that the TD seemingly quit chess.com. I will replace him.

bresando

Round Two

tazerdadog-bresando 0-2

jerry2468-brutus optimus 0-0 (both games ongoing)

ed_norton-jetfighter13 0-2

Provisorial standings (round 2 not completed)

Player                              games played             points           tie break

browni3141                      4                               4                  8

bresando                         4                                3                 5

kid-of-chess                     4                               2                 0

tazerdadog                      4                               2                 0

jetfighter13                    4                                2                 0

jerry2468                        2                                1                 3

brutus optimus                2                                0                 0

ed-norton                       4                                0                 0

tazerdadog
As the TD, I can say that I'm still here.
bresando

Very good!

Bresando gives the shiny TD badge he was wearing back to tazerdadog.

I tought you left chess.com since you lost many games on time, glad to see one of the bongcloud founding players still here.

BrutusOptimus

Just to clarify, once the king reaches teh back rank the game is officially over, correct?  Like the white king reaches the 8th rank, white wins?

bresando

yes. He must reach the eight rank with a legal move, and then the game is over.

Ben_Dubuque

has round two finished

BrutusOptimus

For all intents and purposes round two is finished.  My opponent should resign the one game because I won and I am down a tempo in the other game where it is his move, so I lost that one.  So I won as white and lost as black. 

bresando

Looked at the games, yes it's over.

So R2 is over after Brutus-Jerry 1-1

Round 1 results:

tazerdadog-ed_norton  2-0

browni3141-jetfighter13 2-0

bresando-jerry2468 1-1

kid_of_chess-brutus optimus 2-0

Round 2 results:

Round Two

tazerdadog-bresando 0-2

jerry2468-brutus optimus 1-1

ed_norton-jetfighter13 0-2

Round 2 standings

browni3141                      4                               4                  8

bresando                         4                                3                 6

jerry2468                        4                                2                 4

kid-of-chess                     4                               2                 2

tazerdadog                      4                               2                 0

jetfighter13                    4                                2                 0

brutus optimus                 4                               1                 2

ed-norton                       4                                0                 0

I guess we shuld wait for the TD to declare round 3 pairings.

tazerdadog

pairings are:

Browni-bresadno

Jerry-kid of chess

Tazerdadog-jetfighter

Brutus Optimus-Ed Norton.

Good luck!