Forums

Can your chess engine see this?

Sort:
grolich

Both moves, Qd7 and Bxg2 win easily.

Actually, I've looked a bit more deeply into them both, and none of them is positional by any means. Both reach winning positions tactically REAL quick.

Just pick the one you like:)

Dark_wizzie

Super bump, but I wanna add:

With Houdini 3, after 4:52 on 2.7ghz Q6600, it finally found Bxg2+ without moving anything. +8.37. 

Nezhmetdinov

Only noticed your bump now. Thanks for your reply

Dark_wizzie

Another bump:
Beta SF at 5/20/2014 found the double sace in less than a second. Oh, how much stronger computer chess has become!!! 

Nezhmetdinov

Wow! I really have a knack to notice your bumps pretty late. But time really have changed! When this thread was created all decent chess engines had to sweat a little before finding the double bishop sac line. What's the evaluation for Beta SF??

Dark_wizzie
Nezhmetdinov wrote:

Wow! I really have a knack to notice your bumps pretty late. But time really have changed! When this thread was created all decent chess engines had to sweat a little before finding the double bishop sac line. What's the evaluation for Beta SF??

Same here, lol.

After 1 second Beta SF rates the position as +5.62 for black. After a minute it rates it +7.71 for black. The eval will just go up n' up depending on how long you want to wait.