Forums

Opening a closed game (1350 live standard)

Sort:
KeyserSzoze

This is an interesting game played after a long break from chess. The end game is a closed one with pawn and bishops.

Could you please help me with my analisys?

KeyserSzoze

I'm interested if I made blunders after the 48th move. Thank you

VLaurenT

Your play from the 48th move to the end of the game looks perfect Smile

Well done !

gpobernardo

I'll look at this more deeply. But right now I think an interesting move was missed with 33. Nxd4. It's true that White has an extra pawn and the slightly better bishop, but after 33. Nxd4 Black gained a change to slightly improve his bishop. How about 33. Nf8, where either one of the Black pawns will be lost? Black has no time to gain counterplay with the manuever Ne7-f4 and it is not possible "arrest" the knight (in case of 34. Nxh7) with 34. ...Be7 since g5 is protected.

gpobernardo

Also, there was another interesting move on the 49th. 49. Bxc5!? The variations seem to be in favor of White:

49. Bxc5 Kxc5?? 50. e7 1-0

49. Bxc5 Bd6 50. e7 1-0 (for example, 50. ...Bxe7 51. Bxe7 and White emerges with an extra piece or 50. ...Bxc5 51. e=Q, and Black's bishop succumbs to the resurrected monarch).

49. Bxc5 Bd6 50. Bxe4 is also possible, and other wilder variations such as

49. Bxc5 Bf6 50. Bxe4 lead to similar results.

gpobernardo

After 52. Bxd6, the rest was a matter of desperation for your opponent. Nice game!

KeyserSzoze

Guys, thanks for your help.

GP, 49. bxc5 seems a good idea, never thought about it.

After move 37 he offered a draw and I'm glad that I haven\t accepted it, it was a nice task to open a close game. I was a pawn up and all my pawns were on a different colour than his bishop

His name is not xxxxxx, I don't like to post games with my opponent name

peltzstein

hi keyser,

guess you like to play long games. i genreally have not done much game analysis, but here goes. what i saw was on move 35 as white i would have played f4-followed by white e5. taking advantage of the 4 against 2 pawns on the king side and locking out his bishop. he can't push his passed pawn because your king would win it as you have blocked his support.whites moves from 48 on are good. however black on move 48 should have played bishop to g5. would have made for a tougher game. let me know what you think about my suggestions.

Scottrf

"however black on move 48 should have played bishop to g5"

And after Bxg5 white wins easy.

As for 49. Bxc5, it looks like it wins but so does the game variation.

Scottrf

15. Bxb6, the c pawn is overworked.

Scottrf

12. f4 just undoubles the pawns and removes a target?

KeyserSzoze

peltzstein, regarding the 35. f4 and the continuation, he has a dark square bishop, your line would have placed 2 pawns on ds. I guess it's better to have them on ls. also, please see scottrf's comments above.

15. Bxe6 - agree on this one.

Thank you for your time

TheGreatOogieBoogie

You missed... Wait, Scott mentioned it. 

TheGreatOogieBoogie

You traded off heavy pieces when he has pawn weaknesses.  Doubled pawns in this case aren't as weak because they aren't as targetable. 

I was expecting 18.Na4-Nb2-Nd3 (General plan here, omitted black's moves obviously) with the idea of blocking the trade of heavy pieces while keepign an eye on the weak pawn... but it never came. 

If 18.Na4,b5 (to prevent Nb2-Nc4) 19.Nb2,h5 (to prevent g4 as black is on the defense so he needs to invite pawn trades whereas g4 advances the pawn and keeps g5 on the table to avoid exchanges) 20.Nd3 is an example move order. 

Or_theBashaKiller

no point looking at move 49 and above since you completley dominate your opponet from that point and almost any logical move would be winning . 

the game should be looked at from the beggining