Forums

Please help me analyze this game.

Sort:
Radical_Drift

Hello,

As I've said before, in an effort to improve my understanding of chess, I've decided to post a few of my games here for community analysis. This game is a little lazy on my part, since my opening strategy was dubious. However, inaccurate play by my opponent eventually led to victory for me. Please help me :)

205thsq

looks pretty solid to me

blueemu

Rather than 27. Rxa6 (letting his Bishop out), I would have preferred Rd1 intending Rdd7. Then centralize your King.

azziralc

Black has played such inaccuracy on opening such as the move ...c6 which blocks the scope of bishop and also does ignore the principle of development on opening. It played ...d6, ...c6, ...e6 too many pawn moves that the most logical continuation is to castle, put rooks on center, and later attack the center.

azziralc

White's material advantage does converted in to win.

Good game!

beardogjones

You should not exchange off queens when you have a space (and central)

advantage. You should be attacking.

azziralc

Yes, attacker side must ignore exchange because the attack will reduce it's efficiency and sometimes can fail

Radical_Drift
nyLsel wrote:

Yes, attacker side must ignore exchange because the attack will reduce it's efficiency and sometimes can fail

That makes sense. Thanks for the advice.

Radical_Drift
beardogjones wrote:

You should not exchange off queens when you have a space (and central)

advantage. You should be attacking.

Thanks for the advice.

blueemu

There are several important exceptions to that "Don't exchange while attacking" rule...

If you are up in material, exchanging pieces might lead to a more certain win than continuing your attack.

If most of the opponent's defensive resources rely on one specific piece (eg: his Queen), then an exchange might suddenly leave him helpless against the remaining attackers.

Radical_Drift
blueemu wrote:

There are several important exceptions to that "Don't exchange while attacking" rule...

If you are up in material, exchanging pieces might lead to a more certain win than continuing your attack.

If most of the opponent's defensive resources rely on one specific piece (eg: his Queen), then an exchange might suddenly leave him helpless against the remaining attackers.

Thanks. I suppose I should judge whether or not the position calls for it. Thanks guys for all the help so far!

Thegamechangerr

Your opponent is a beginner I think.... this game looks really full of mistakes especially with your opponent...