good one

dragondorf

nice one

dragondorf

but is spelled with one "t" not 2

gnug

if black had captured the Q with the pawn you would've been done for

quny

it would had been an interesting game a Q for 2 knights double rooks and hanging the d pawn.

donngerard

what if dxe4 , youll just be losing your queen !!!

quny

black's 8th rank is very weak  rooks are not connected and one is being used for defending look at my knights  very mencing the position

madpawn

Black turned a good start into a farce! The outcome was good, but was it really a sound queen sac? Black could have captured: 35..dxe4 or... Bxf5 among others.

Were you lucky?

RedSoxFan3

You're biggest mistake was being a Yankees Fan. You got lucky.

Hope to see your big signings suck this year. Stealing Texiera, Sabbathia. What a joke.

quny
RedSoxFan3 wrote:

Hope to see your big signings suck this year. Stealing Texiera, Sabbathia. What a joke.

i thought this was a good sac i had to bring out my chess board and go over the moves. To me it seems black has no defense to slow the attack look at blacks' 8th rank

scuttlebutt94

WOW!! Nice playing dude,i wish i could play like that.

quny

thank u i sac a queen for better position. the queen sac was a tempo move for my rook on the a file threating check with the rook on the f-file

Gerrit-X-Core

That is a beautiful checkmate, nice sacrifice!

emceenugget

Very nice.  I can never vision smothered attacks.

CapablancaAvenged

Nice work!

But after 23...dxe4 24. Rxf6, I think that black has a plethora of options, such as sacrificing the exchange, playing 24... Kh7, or sliding the bishop to either b7 or d7 to allow the R on a8 to get into the defense of the eighth rank. These are all much better than the immediate mating net.

I didn't calculate them all out, but I feel that black should weather the attack. That being said, I'm just a class C player, so what do I know Wink

RedSoxFan3

1. Re7 Nxe7 2. Qxe7

Black would be up queen to rook/knight and white would not longer have any mating threats.

melzerh

You got lucky

erikido23
quny wrote:
RedSoxFan3 wrote:

i thought this was a good sac i had to bring out my chess board and go over the moves. To me it seems black has no defense to slow the attack look at blacks' 8th rank

an interesting idea and position.  after this diagram I would play b-b7 and q-c8,every queen sac deserves another.  white would then be down an exchange (with compensation for sure but definitely a hard fight from there on out)....

But, after saying all that I black could have probably played bxr instead of pxq and you would be a backward pawn up down an exchange with active pieces.  Probably a +/=.  But, nothing I would be afraid to play against as black at that point.  R-e8, q-c8 and possibly even giving the exchange back at an advantageous point.

My preference...It would probably be slightly better to play b-b7 because then white has to give back a lot of his active pieces for blacks inactive ones and end up down material (which was the reason he sacked) and it is positionally slightly better in the pxq variation than in the bxr.