Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

A win which got me to 1900+ in Standard

• 20 months ago · Quote · #61

-waller-

LongIslandMark wrote:
    -waller- wrote:
    Scottrf wrote:

Hardly a surprise, almost every good looking girl with a high blitz score gets closed.

EDIT: actually, not closed for cheating.

Almost certainly not a girl either, let's be honest.

A woman judging by the pic, if that's what you mean - anyone know why the account was closed?

It isn't what I meant lol. Let's just say there have been an incredible number of accounts with pretty female avatars and ~1900 blitz ratings posting on the forums recently.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #62

waffllemaster

Well... her comments didn't match her play, I guess waller nailed it there.  But I I liked her play.  The moves seemed logical and not computer like to me (until the pointless shuffling, oh and Ka1 was a bit weird, and I didn't like h4).

Well ok maybe I was just being blind again lol.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #63

TheRussianPatzer

What happened to her account? Did she get banned? Lol, btw her moves seemed very much like engine moves to me. I don't want to assert something like that, but honestly some of her strange moves that you guys attributed to "style" just seemed like an engine struggling to play a closed position.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #65

waffllemaster

pfren wrote:

Does not look like engine play to me, the game was decided after Black blundered a pawn, and on the next move he suckrificed a whole rook for nothing.

1900 blitz rating isn't that unusual for a lady. I might persuade my wife to open an account here (current FIDE rating 2176, probably her lowest for the last 25 years) and attach a 20-year old photo of hers...

haha :)

• 20 months ago · Quote · #66

Bartleby73

pfren, love your comment.

Why shouldn't a woman have a 1900 or more rating? Actually, there is plenty of women who have that. And not on Chess.com, but OTB.

Maybe Sophia closed the account because she was annoyed with people on chess.com.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #67

mattyf9

You play very drawish chess.  As for your opponents rook sacrifice, I can't figure out what his logic was.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #68

Abhishek2

he just hung the rook. She was probably tired of "irrelevant posts"

• 20 months ago · Quote · #69

waffllemaster

Bartleby73 wrote:

pfren, love your comment.

Why shouldn't a woman have a 1900 or more rating? Actually, there is plenty of women who have that. And not on Chess.com, but OTB.

Maybe Sophia closed the account because she was annoyed with people on chess.com.

I don't think the comments were about the gender + rating combo, it was that there have been a string of recent accounts with young women avatars who get a rating around 1900 and then close their account only to have another one appear a few weeks later.

Post your reply: