Forums

Do 900 rated players play like this usually?

Sort:
Daniel90

Daniel90

This game was played a little to perfectly by my opponent did he use a computer?

Daniel90

I'm white

Scottrf

Didn't do anything impressive or complicated?

whirlwind2011

@OP: If you suspect your opponent has cheated, simply report him/her directly to staff through Help & Support.

If you'd like a game analyzed for the purpose of investigating possible engine assistance, you should raise the topic in the Cheating Forum.

Daniel90

@Scottrf Your probably right just mad at myself  for losing.

IpswichMatt
[COMMENT DELETED]
Scottrf
Daniel90 wrote:

@Scottrf Your probably right just mad at myself  for losing.

Not saying he didn't play well (and I only scanned over it, looks quite mistake free for a 900), but the moves look pretty natural and not too deep. I think he just had a good game (maybe a proper analysis reveals different).

Daniel90

thanks for the feed back but not worth reporting if it looks engine free to someone familiar with engine users.

Aetheldred
[COMMENT DELETED]
e4_guy

There is no way that 900 points rated play can play like that.

Somenone was helping him, but it was not computer, I dont think that any engine would suggest ... 29.c2 and rest of the moves after that.

e4_guy
PinkMistzAsf wrote:
e4_guy wrote:

There is no way that 900 points rated play can play like that.

Somenone was helping him, but it was not computer, I dont think that any engine would suggest ... 29.c2 and rest of the moves after that.

I don't have much experiene playing 900 rated players, but all the moves look rather natural to me.

I don't have either, but looking at my younger son's games, who is around ~1000, there is no way for him to play like that.

This game from black's side looks more like ~1500 player to me.

woton

Before jumping to any conclusions, look at your opponent's history.  He has a live chess rating near 1300 (on-line ratings are usually higher than live chess ratings), and it appears that his on-line rating is artifically low because he has timed out in 50% of his 6 games.

Irontiger

Way better than 900.

After that, engine user, I don't think so. There are a few odd moves, and I suspect they are odd in the bad sense.

Daniel90

Most 900 rated players I played drop pieces by at least the fifteenth move it was a great game if he had no help then congrats to this player.

JamieKowalski

Your opponent is rated 1114, no?

jonnin

1) Computers do not like this type of opening; the first 15 moves are human IMHO as by that position ALMOST ALL computers would have done something "odd" and forced some pawn trades to open up the position and force a more tactical (vs positional) game.  Computers excel at tactics, and tend to herd the game in that direction on purpose.  I suspect move 10 would have been pawn trading instead if PC were in charge?

2) If he cheated regularly, he would not be 900 rated.

3) I think the computer would not have lost that advanced pawn so easily to your manuvering. Ne4 I think protects the advanced pawn instead of trading on move 21?

4) Not that there were no opportunities, but every move in the game felt like a knee-jerk obvious response to the positions.  Computer would have found something else.

Conclusion: he was having a good day and played his own game, most likely.

Daniel90

After I resigned his rating shot up by 200 points

JamieKowalski

It also looks like your opponent has timed out a few games recently, which would have lowered his rating quickly.

JamieKowalski

He's only played 6 Online Chess games, so his rating is provisional still. Add in the fact that he timed out three of those before you, it's understandable that he would sit at 900, but be much stronger.

This forum topic has been locked