Forums

GM Huschenbeth vs. GM Caruana - Mitropa Cup 2010

Sort:
GM_Huschenbeth

Hey everybody,

I would like to share a game with you I played in 2010 against now No. 2 in the world, Fabiano Caruana. You can either go through the game below or watch my video analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g8BYfavHAI

Please let me know what you think of the game!

razlozan

Hi Niclas,

The way you present your games, makes chess look so simple. I enjoyed your way of evaluating the positions.Your smoothness of getting to the essence of the position is something I'm jealous about. 

I always loose a chunk of time and energy on evaluating/calculating ghosts. For example, my first reaction to 18. ... Qa5, was how dangerous axb axb and the backwards b-pawn would be. Instead it's nothing to worry about since White with all it's dynamics, is what this position is all about. Any advise on how to improve on getting faster to the essence of the position ?

Thanks in advance, and will definetely watch your other video's.

GM_Huschenbeth

@razlozan: Thank you :) Maybe a book that could help you is "Positional Chess" by Dworetzki and Jussupow. Apart from that, chess understanding of course comes with playing a lot of chess and gaining experience.

@GM_Maggy: I actually don't remember but I don't think I followed theory for too long. It is simply a natural setup for White to put all his pieces on the light squares.