Forums

I hate losing this way :@

Sort:
chessgm003

This is the recent game that I played with someone from brazil. I was white and he was black. The last move played by me was a checkmate and it also did show up in the list i.e Rf7# but the popup said that I lost on time because I ran out of time just when I clicked on my last move :@ I just hate losing this way and I don't understand why don't people just give up when they know that they have lost. When they see their opponents running out of time, they start making pre-mature moves without any logic and try to make their opponents run out of time. I don't consider this game as a lose for white. Anyway, here is the game.

Don't you think something needs to be done with this ?? please comment...

AndyClifton

If you don't like it, move faster.  Or play at longer time controls.

chessgm003

yeah, that would be a great idea but it hurts like hell when you are this close lol..

AndyClifton

sure...it's no fun at all Smile

Casual_Joe

It sucks, but playing on in a lost position on the hope that your opponent will run out of time is part of the game for fast time controls.  That is a legitimate win for your opponent.  Sorry!

Seraphimity

As much as I don't like the time factor sometimes the object of chess is to win.  considering that at the highest level's correct play on both sides is likely to lead to a draw one must outwit his opponent in which ever way presents itself.  If I open in a live game and gain a significant time advantage and find myself down material I most certianly make more complicated intermediary moves.  If your opponent cannot mate you in the given time controls and he runs out of time, he loses.  Like it or not, this is chess.

Casual_Joe
Seraphimity wrote:

As much as I don't like the time factor sometimes the object of chess is to win.  considering that at the highest level's correct play on both sides is likely to lead to a draw one must outwit his opponent in which ever way presents itself.  If I open in a live game and gain a significant time advantage and find myself down material I most certianly make more complicated intermediary moves.  If your opponent cannot mate you in the given time controls and he runs out of time, he loses.  Like it or not, this is chess.

whereas other times you play to lose??

Seraphimity
Casual_Joe wrote:
Seraphimity wrote:

whereas other times you play to lose??

OK captian obvious.  I have been know to play to learn, trying openings and unknown to me gambits with the idea to learn a nuance more then to win..  I never mind losing to much as long as I played well and made no clearly ridiculous moves..  I'm right now playing the Alekhine D against 1950+ which I haven't played in years,, you think I think I'm going to win?  not likely, but I will brush up skills faster this way with this defense and have fun doing it.