Sort:
Sun-and-Steel
[COMMENT DELETED]
Sun-and-Steel
Barefoot_Player

aman,

You still don't get the title of this thread

Post YOUR Best MINIATURES Here.

I've played over all the miniatures that I've seen posted here. It is a good way to look at openings. Some are mainline variations, some of them are offbeat, and some that are totally weird.

I don't want to see games that have been widely published elsewhere, even if they are between two GMs. I come here to enjoy myself, to play over the sparkling gems, and maybe even learn something about an opening. And on occasionaly I've found some wonderful gems that outshine more than others.

I came here to enjoy miniatures. And to share analysis.

But you say you want to open this forum up for far longer chess games, and have several definitions of a miniature that change according to that you want  to post. 

You are not the moderator, nor the person who started this thread, who has already defined a miniature (<26 moves), put in the first game here, and did some hard work for this continuing fourm.

You don't seem to have any credentials or experience to indicate you know what you are talking about.

Yet apparently, you do want to change this thread soley for your benefit.

Why are you here?

barefoot_player

coon74

Do you think games where an overwhelming advantage (at least a piece up with no counterplay) was gained before move 26, but where the opponent decided to not resign (maybe even play until checkmate), still count as miniatures for this thread?

coon74

I haven't played enough games to create true brilliancies, but posting an 8-move game never hurts. I think the opponent just had a bad hair day - 1700s shouldn't blunder pieces like this in turn-based games. (Except for myself, a mentally unstable player, hehe.)

TheGrobe
Barefoot_Player wrote:

I don't want to see games that have been widely published elsewhere, even if they are between two GMs.

Is this a new rule everyone must heed?

Ziryab
Barefoot_Player 

You are not the moderator

Barefoot_Player

TheGrobe

Haven't these there rules been in place since the beginning? Doesn't the titile of thie forumn give a hint, if not the actual theme of this thread?

I am not making up anything here. I don't have the active imgination that you guys have.

I repeating what (1) the moderator and founder of this thread say is a miniature, and (2) the title of this thread is. If you hae a problem with the definition of a miniature, or what the words used in the title of this thread, you are free to consult a dictionary or talk the moderator, not I.

Why do you want me to read to you? 

barefoot_player

PS - I ask you again, please post some of your favorite miniatures that you played. I seem to post much more miniatures than you. At least I am contributing here.. What are you doing?

Barefoot_Player

coon,

The move 7.Qa4+ is also common in a major side line in sthe Catalan. I don't see anything wrong with this move. One of the benefits of this move is that it can disrupt the queenside development of Black. Not that 7...Bd7 can hamper Black, as in the game you showed.

On the slightly down side is that Black can equalize by having slight more piece development than White, esp. if the White queen can be kicked around and Black gaining some tempi.

I agree with your assesment that ...Bc6 is a mistake. Black doesn't have to worry so much about his queenside as White has not yet played g3 (with the idea of Bg2). After 6...dxc4 (getting rid of a strong pawn) 7.Qxb7?, then Black could play 7...Bc6, which, by the way, is now a great move ;). And he can continue with ...Bg7 and ...O-O (although ....e6, ...Be7, ...O-O is a temptation ;).

Interesting game - have to do some more research ;)

barefoot_player

coon74

Thanks for the analysis! You might have guessed that, as a Reti player with White, I transpose into the Catalan quite often and am aware that Qa4 sometimes pops up there too as a sound move, just wanted to enlighten those who're unfamiliar with these setups Smile

MonkeyH
InfernoImpact
chessman1504 wrote:
InfernoImpact wrote:

It seems like you came to the wrong thread, mate.

What?

InfernoImpact
Barefoot_Player

InfernoImpact,

This is a repeat of an email I sent you.

"You posted a game in the miniatures thread. The game you posted was not a miniature, was not by you, and was not even annotated by you. You might be able to read, but here your reading habits have failed you."

chessman was being nicer to  you. ;)

barefoot_player

InfernoImpact

Barefoot_Player

Infernal,

Are these miniatures the best you can do? The do seem to be made up games.

barefoot_player

InfernoImpact

Yes.

Barefoot_Player

Inferno,

OK - so you are making up games.

Or is this  the best you can do?

barefoot_player

InfernoImpact
InfernoImpact

Ok whatever barefoot player. Block me! This gane isn't my type.Tongue Out